The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 International Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wannabedental
I received offer from Plymouth, but has any international received offer from Q Belfast dentistry?

Where do you come from? Can I know your stats please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
So sorry to hear that... Their loss! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your results back? I want this more than anything so the wait is killing me
Original post by TruelyAsian
Where do you come from? Can I know your stats please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I come from Hong Kong Asia. I only have predicted IB scores and my UKCAT is pretty bad : 2520.

But plymouth seems to look at interview scores to give offers and not focus so much stats.
Btw when did you get your decision about Belfast? im sorry about the decision regarding Belfast.
Good Luck on your applications! :smile:
Original post by dorrinr
So sorry to hear that... Their loss! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your results back? I want this more than anything so the wait is killing me

I got it through the track on 2nd April. I really did badly tho. I was not comfortable with the online interview process. I think there is still hope for you! Finger crossed! 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I come from Hong Kong Asia. I only have predicted IB scores and my UKCAT is pretty bad : 2520.

But plymouth seems to look at interview scores to give offers and not focus so much stats.
Btw when did you get your decision about Belfast? im sorry about the decision regarding Belfast.
Good Luck on your applications! :smile:

Congratulations!! Plymouth was my 1st choice university. I got rejected after the interview. :frown: If you don't mind me asking, when is your interview? Mine was at 17th February.
Also, did you get any offers from other places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same 17th Feb. No other offers, wbu?
Same 17th Feb. No other offers, wbu?

Have you applied to other unis? I am still waiting for Dundee but I guess things are going down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im waiting for Belfast and got rejected without interview from Kings and liverpool i guess cuz i dont have gcses and my ukcat sucks haha:s-smilie:
Im waiting for Belfast and got rejected without interview from Kings and liverpool i guess cuz i dont have gcses and my ukcat sucks haha:s-smilie:

Nice, good luck in your Qub application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional offer from qub!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Friednugget
Unconditional offer from qub!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When did you get your offer?
Original post by dorrinr
Congrats! When did you get your offer?

1144, few hours ago. I reckon they'll send out everything by this week, it's been dragging on for quite sometime already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an email from admissions at 12 06 saying that they still couldn't make a decision on my application and will get back to me soon. Didn't say I'm on the waiting list but my teacher said he thinks so.

Good luck guys xx
Original post by christinemml
Received an email from admissions at 12 06 saying that they still couldn't make a decision on my application and will get back to me soon. Didn't say I'm on the waiting list but my teacher said he thinks so.

Good luck guys xx

All the best! Hope you hear some good news soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all,

I am from Toronto, Canada and I completed an online interview on April 7th, 2015. Some questions I answered pretty well, and other answers I felt skeptical about. They really do put you on the spot! I felt a bit uneasy with my answers since I did not use the full four minutes and typically answered in 2 -2.5 minutes. I don't know if anyone shares a similar experience with me :P

Out of curiosity, I was wondering of those who got rejected/accepted, how long did it take QUB to make a final decision on your application after you completed the interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by CanadaDental
Hey all,

I am from Toronto, Canada and I completed an online interview on April 7th, 2015. Some questions I answered pretty well, and other answers I felt skeptical about. They really do put you on the spot! I felt a bit uneasy with my answers since I did not use the full four minutes and typically answered in 2 -2.5 minutes. I don't know if anyone shares a similar experience with me :P

Out of curiosity, I was wondering of those who got rejected/accepted, how long did it take QUB to make a final decision on your application after you completed the interview?

Hiiii! I'm from Vancouver and I'm totally in the same boat... The wait is the worse part and they're really taking a long time to respond! I'm sure your interview was better than you thought because at least you weren't rambling for 4 mins. Are you applying from highschool or uni?
Original post by dorrinr
Hiiii! I'm from Vancouver and I'm totally in the same boat... The wait is the worse part and they're really taking a long time to respond! I'm sure your interview was better than you thought because at least you weren't rambling for 4 mins. Are you applying from highschool or uni?

Awesome! A Canadian!

I got an e-mail from them stating that decisions will be made on the week commencing April 27th, 2015 (I asked them personally). But the wait is killing me.

I am actually a fourth year student at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. It is so weird to apply for Queen's Belfast since they have the same name and very similar logo! LOLz! How about you? Are you applying from undergrad or high school?
Reply 37
Original post by CanadaDental
Awesome! A Canadian!

I got an e-mail from them stating that decisions will be made on the week commencing April 27th, 2015 (I asked them personally). But the wait is killing me.

I am actually a fourth year student at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. It is so weird to apply for Queen's Belfast since they have the same name and very similar logo! LOLz! How about you? Are you applying from undergrad or high school?

Cool! I actually applied to Queen's Canada too and a lot of my friends are going there but I'm in grade twelve this year. Fingers crossed for the both of us!
Original post by dorrinr
Cool! I actually applied to Queen's Canada too and a lot of my friends are going there but I'm in grade twelve this year. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Mhmm. Fingers crossed. You are honestly on the right track, applying to dentistry right after high school is a very good idea!
hi guys conditional offer qub dental. Good luck! around one hour ago

Quick Reply

Latest