The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Private accomodation

chosen UCLAN as my insurance choice and trying to decide what accommodation to go for, really stuck between Liberty Court, Moor lane and Walker street, any advice/opinions on them would be much appreciated haha :smile:
I lived in moor lane for a bit and thought the price was brilliant value and the locations is right in the middle of campus so i think its the best placed of your options.

Also i know they tend to have a couple of spaces left round august if you cant apply till then
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
I've chose to live at Walker Street.
Reply 3
i applied and got an email yesterday, and have been a room in walker street which was my second choice but still happy i guess ahaha:smile:
I live in Walker Street this year (my second year) and absolutely love it.
Great people, great location, great facilities.
Have you been to see it? It's very modern and really up to date.
Everything's clean and lovely, and the price isn't that bad to be fair, for what you're getting.
There's a facebook group we're all on if you wanna join that.
You can see who else is in your flat/floor/building then :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rachaelftw
Everything's clean and lovely, and the price isn't that bad to be fair, for what you're getting.

Aw I'm glad it sounds good then! I haven't been inside but I've driven past it at open day and it looks nice and new, the pictures I've seen online of the rooms looks really modern aswell :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Whats the facebokk group called?
Original post by CeriAnn01
Whats the facebokk group called?

Think it's just Walker Street Tenants :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think it's just Walker Street Tenants :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there not one created for 2015-2016 tenants yet?
Original post by CeriAnn01
Is there not one created for 2015-2016 tenants yet?

Not sure. If there's not one there then maybe not yet. I'm sure someone will make one soon though. I'll keep my eye on it someone might make one from this group for those that are still staying at walker street so I'll let you know if I hear anything:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Walker street and got an offer for a room in flat 2... Really nervous and don't know whether to accept 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshTinsley96
I've applied for Walker street and got an offer for a room in flat 2... Really nervous and don't know whether to accept

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been to see the rooms? Or even seen the pictures.
It's honestly so lovely and modern and clean and stuff.
And it's right near town AND uni. What more could you want!?
Plus you get the free gym membership at Moor Lane:wink:
Have you been to see the rooms? Or even seen the pictures.
It's honestly so lovely and modern and clean and stuff.
And it's right near town AND uni. What more could you want!?
Plus you get the free gym membership at Moor Lane:wink:

It does look lovely but I've just joined a group on Facebook with people who currently live at Walker Street and this is what they had to say...

"I wouldn't stay again, flat inspections every month unlike termly everywhere else, seriously **** wifi that is so slow half the time you have to wait to buffer TV shows or the wifi has a problem and doesn't work all together, plus them only trying to fix it in Easter when most of the year is gone when they've known about it all year! No office to take parcels at walker street the one here has no real point, there is also frequent power outages at walker street and it only affects here no other building surrounding and takes them ages to fix which means there isn't even any water whilst power is off! Plus once it comes back on wifi doesn't work anymore and you have to wait another day till the get someone to have a look at it"

Doesn't sound to great when you hear from the people who live there themselves!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It does look lovely but I've just joined a group on Facebook with people who currently live at Walker Street and this is what they had to say...

"I wouldn't stay again, flat inspections every month unlike termly everywhere else, seriously **** wifi that is so slow half the time you have to wait to buffer TV shows or the wifi has a problem and doesn't work all together, plus them only trying to fix it in Easter when most of the year is gone when they've known about it all year! No office to take parcels at walker street the one here has no real point, there is also frequent power outages at walker street and it only affects here no other building surrounding and takes them ages to fix which means there isn't even any water whilst power is off! Plus once it comes back on wifi doesn't work anymore and you have to wait another day till the get someone to have a look at it"

Doesn't sound to great when you hear from the people who live there themselves!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live here currently, lol.
I live here currently, lol.

Ahh my bad... Didn't realise sorry!! So would you recommend it ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh my bad... Didn't realise sorry!! So would you recommend it ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally would. Saw the guy's comment on the facebook group. He's over-reacting a little, lol.
Flat inspections - not all that bad. If you're not filthy animals then this really isn't an issue. If you live in a pig sty then yeah sure it's gonna be effort to clean it up every month when there's an inspection. Plus it's just easier to stay on top of it:smile:
Admittedly, the wifi is a bit ****. It's run by a seperate company (studencom) so it's bound to be not that good. If you want it upgrading to be better, you can pay extra for it, but what do you expect for free wifi inc. in your rent? I manage to stream netflix etc on it just fine, and I play on Xbox Live in my xbox with no issues so not sure what he's going on about there :biggrin:
There's no office yeah, but that's because it's new building. You can just send it to Moor Lane and pick it up from there - they cover both sites so you can pick it up whenever and they'll keep it there until you do:smile:
All halls have power cuts at some point, we all make the best of it. We have candle supplies (although not allowed) and sometimes we just go to each other's flats and make our own entertainment etc. it isn't that bad. It's normally back on after about 20 minutes (the company need to know it's gone down first before they can do something about it) so I don't think it's too bad.

Plus the people are great, all very sociable. Lots of fresher flat parties where you can meet everyone and mingle etc.
Just a good atmosphere tbh:P
Now you make it sound good!! Still don't know what to do though...might have to arrange a viewing to get sense for it myself 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now you make it sound good!! Still don't know what to do though...might have to arrange a viewing to get sense for it myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply. Yeah definitely go and see it for yourself!

You don't know until you get there - it may not even be for you.
It's really good in terms of location though, and it's quiet as it's not on the main road (no noisy groups at night etc).
But defo go have a look if you can!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending