The Student Room Group

Do I have the right to be angry?

Basically my best friend keeps messing me around - she cancelled on me last saturday last minute, cancelled on me for tonight a few days ago and has just text me saying she can't make tomorrow which has been organised for about a month. I'm really upset and feel let down because i was really looking forward to it but I know if i say to her that i'm annoyed she'll tell me i shouldn't be because she claims she needs to go xmas shopping with her parents, even though we have had this day planned for ages and ages and then she'll get mad at me and make me feel awful and evetually apologise and tell her that we're all good again. She hasn't even said sorry and i'm sick of being messed around because i had oragnised my whole weekend around meeting up with her tomorrow and now everything is really mucked up. She says that she's really busy and stressed with schoolwork and doesn't seem to care that I am too, plus i suffer from depression have family issues and a job to handle aswell as all of that. It's just made me feel really depressed because she doesn't seem to care and she's so self centered, everything is about her and i do everything for her, i live quite a distance away and always take trains to get to exactly where she wants to meet and where is convinient for her and have never cancelled on her. Sorry for the rant but I just don't know what to do... she means so much to me and i hate argueing but she's made me so upset....:frown: :frown:
Reply 1
you tell her exactly what you just told us.
Reply 2
I'd be angry too! Try being a bit less available in future and make her do the travelling. Sounds very one-sided at the moment.
Reply 3
dude, look, da only reason u have not told her all this yet is porbably coz ur affraid that if u do, she will get mad and u will end up having a fight and u know, not be frnds anymore. but u see, they way i reckon it is that if she is a true frnd, one worth holding on to and going throught all this **** coz of her, she will totally understand wot ur saying now...if not...that tells you alot about wot she thinks about the frndship...

peace n' out
I would tell her that you are fed up of her cancelling all the time
Reply 5
Tell her how you feel
beep beep
Reply 6
From the way u put it it doesseem a little one sided.

However as tempting it is for u to ice her out completely, Iwould say just put things on a slow burner.There is nothing wrong with instigating meetings but next time maybe dont do all the organising maybe ask her what she would prefer to do.

But one thing u can do if ur still pissed u can say "I dont mind meeting up.... but r u sure ur not going shopping with ur parents again" in doing that she should have got the message that u got pretty p*ssed the last time :wink:

One thing I know from past experience is that subtlety works, dont go blurting out all of what u have just done above,,, just let her be aware that certain things (noted above) are irritating u and that is seems that u are making all the effort.

Hope that helps:smile:
Reply 7
She doesn't sound like a very good friend.
Reply 8
sticcyiccy
From the way u put it it doesseem a little one sided.

However as tempting it is for u to ice her out completely, Iwould say just put things on a slow burner.There is nothing wrong with instigating meetings but next time maybe dont do all the organising maybe ask her what she would prefer to do.

But one thing u can do if ur still pissed u can say "I dont mind meeting up.... but r u sure ur not going shopping with ur parents again" in doing that she should have got the message that u got pretty p*ssed the last time :wink:

One thing I know from past experience is that subtlety works, dont go blurting out all of what u have just done above,,, just let her be aware that certain things (noted above) are irritating u and that is seems that u are making all the effort.

Hope that helps:smile:

Thanks for your advice (and everyone else's) unfortunatley i spoke to her before i read this and had this massive angry ranting fit at her and we ended up yelling at eachother and me crying and it doesn't look like it's gonna sort so i feel even worse now... i've text her saying i'm so sorry i over reacted and no reply.....:frown: :frown:
i guess you need to get some sort of answer from her.

Latest

Trending

Trending