The Student Room Group

Secondary PGCE interview

Hi there,

I will have an interview in secondary PGCE in Maths.

They said I will : Take part in a short group task· Complete a short written task

Is there anybody who could provide any information-tips about these parts??

Thank you thank you thank you in advance!!!
Original post by CatherineGr

The group task will probably be participation in a discussion with other applicants. They are looking to see you are not a shrinking violet and also that you do not try to dominate the conversation and prevent others from sharing their views.

For the written task you are likely to be asked to read and respond to a short magazine article. They are checking to see that you can spell reasonably well and use sentences and paragraphs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Please let me know how it goes I'm also thinking about applying Secondary Maths.. And best of luck! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Dear Mr M. Thank you for your message, to be honest I thought written test should be test in maths.

Dear kipikachuko88, I ll let you know!!!

Regards

Hi Catherine,

If you want to make sure people read your messages you should quote them.

Mr M
Reply 5
Original post by kipikachuko88
Please let me know how it goes I'm also thinking about applying Secondary Maths.. And best of luck! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear kipikachuko88

I am sorry for my delayed reply, the group task was as Mr M describe in a previous comment. The short written test was was a simple piece of written exercise to gather our thoughts on teaching. Nothing difficult and no preparations required.

Regards
Catherine
Dear kipikachuko88

I am sorry for my delayed reply, the group task was as Mr M describe in a previous comment. The short written test was was a simple piece of written exercise to gather our thoughts on teaching. Nothing difficult and no preparations required.

Regards
Catherine

Thank you!! I have just realized you answered me lol.
May I ask is there a Maths test or a mini lesson?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by kipikachuko88
Thank you!! I have just realized you answered me lol.
May I ask is there a Maths test or a mini lesson?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had only to give a 10 min lesson in maths!
We had only to give a 10 min lesson in maths!

Thanks so much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending