The Student Room Group

what's the most stressful thing to happen in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWantToBeThere
Take it easier!

i think they just wanted to seem deep
Original post by JimmyBignutz
i think they just wanted to seem deep

You are partially right dear fellow lol.:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IWantToBeThere
Take it easier!

If only it was that easy , nowadays stuffs going bad but thanks .:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
what's the most stressful thing to happen in your life? Mine is the death of my brother which was unexplained and unexpected also being unemployed for long periods of time.

So far, technical errors affecting my degree acquirement because of ****ty work ethic from professors and academic advisory! :angry:
I'm not really sure how death causes stress, unless the person's death leaves you in a mess or something to deal with why would it stress you out? I've never experienced stress when faced with the death of a family member, anyone care to enlighten me?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Spoiler

:hugs:

Sorry for your loss OP
My wife tried to kill herself while I was trying to get my baby to nap :frown:
Original post by Protégé
I'm not really sure how death causes stress, unless the person's death leaves you in a mess or something to deal with why would it stress you out? I've never experienced stress when faced with the death of a family member, anyone care to enlighten me?

Wow.... you are very lucky not to have experienced the death of a loved one that you are/were close to. It is one of the greatest stressors of all! It feels like your heart has been ripped out of your chest and you are left in a puddle on the floor and you can do absolutely nothing, ever, to control or change the situation. If you love someone then, yes, their death leaves you in a mess. Understatement.

No words..... I'm so sorry!
Original post by hopeforthebest1
Wow.... you are very lucky not to have experienced the death of a loved one that you are/were close to. It is one of the greatest stressors of all! It feels like your heart has been ripped out of your chest and you are left in a puddle on the floor and you can do absolutely nothing, ever, to control or change the situation. If you love someone then, yes, their death leaves you in a mess. Understatement.

I have, 4 people in my extended family died. I personally just don't see anything to be stressed about, someone dies. I will miss the person but other than that it doesn't affect me, I might be somber but I don't stress out as there's nothing to stress out about in my experience. I just move on, but I remember the person.
(edited 9 years ago)

Damn man, that's harsh. Hope she's alright now.
Original post by Protégé
I have, 4 people in my extended family died. I personally just don't see anything to be stressed about, someone dies. I will miss the person but other than that it doesn't affect me, I might be somber but I don't stress out as there's nothing to stress out about in my experience. I just move on, but I remember the person.

Yea, I understand how you feel about extended family but when it is a parent, sibling, bf/gf, child and especially if it is unexpected it is a different experience than if it was an extended family. I was in the room when my 2 1/2 year old nephew died. It was unbearable. I've also lost my dad.
It is okay for you not to understand because you haven't experienced it - yet - but we all will experience it and when it is someone you are close to it is the worst and it is stressful!
The complete lack of anything to be stressed about, it's surprising how stressful being alone can be considering theres nothing to stress you.
Original post by hopeforthebest1
Yea, I understand how you feel about extended family but when it is a parent, sibling, bf/gf, child and especially if it is unexpected it is a different experience than if it was an extended family. I was in the room when my 2 1/2 year old nephew died. It was unbearable. I've also lost my dad.
It is okay for you not to understand because you haven't experienced it - yet - but we all will experience it and when it is someone you are close to it is the worst and it is stressful!

The closest people to me who have died are my grandparents. I can't see anything to be stressed about, someone dying doesn't lead to any problems that you need to solve in most cases. I logically can't see why it would stress anyone out except special circumstances, say for example your mother died and she was the sole earner of the family. Stress is worrying about something but could you explain to me what you worry about?
Witnessing a close family member's murder and the PTSD that followed
I was misdiagnosed with a medical condition almost two years ago. The prescription I was given made me lose thirty pounds, gave me insomnia, and hypertension. I'm okay now, but during that time, it was really hard to focus on my grades/school.
Original post by Protégé
Damn man, that's harsh. Hope she's alright now.

Getting there :smile:
My dad dying suddenly then having to be the go-to-girl for paperwork and everyone's problems straight after - going from no responsibility in the house to having to deal with everything whilst mourning and going to uni.

Years ago, the most stress I had was passing my driving test.

Seems like there's always something that one can deem to be the most stressful since when you're in that situation it really does feel like the most stress you've had. Oh, the joys of life...
A lot of things to be honest but the most was when I was 13 when bullying took its tole on me it was mainly physical by a group of people, I told the teachers but they didn't care, they kept punishing me over and over again and during that time me Grandpa and Dad died only a month apart but bullies kept cussing them and there was not much I could do because I would get an extreme punishment, then the COA evening took place and 1 of my bullies told their parents that I bully them which his dad was going to hit me but my form tutor stop him, my mum was at work during that time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending