The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Biomedical science in Sept 2015???

Hello. just made the DMU bio med course my firm choice. will be starting in Sept and planning to live there. is anyone else going to be doing the same course and have you already applied for accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed my conditional offer for bio med at DMU in September but I'll be travelling from Wellingborough on uni days.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by MiniDubber
I've firmed my conditional offer for bio med at DMU in September but I'll be travelling from Wellingborough on uni days.

Cool. i`m from coventry and am planning on staying in the uni halls
How long ago did you firm? Do you know when timetables and that are handed out?
How long ago did you firm? Do you know when timetables and that are handed out?

Firmed mine last week and nope i`m not sure bout the timetable. which uni hall are u gonna be applying for?
Original post by CuteLilMissy
Firmed mine last week and nope i`m not sure bout the timetable. which uni hall are u gonna be applying for?

I'm not staying in halls. I have a dog and I don't think they'll allow it. Haha.
I'm not staying in halls. I have a dog and I don't think they'll allow it. Haha.

LOOOL awww! btw are you male or female?...i`m female lol
Female. Lol. You're the first person I've spoke to doing this course. How old are you? (If you don't mind me asking lol).
I'll probably be the oldest in the class. This is kind of a late life decision for me :colondollar:
Female. Lol. You're the first person I've spoke to doing this course. How old are you? (If you don't mind me asking lol).
I'll probably be the oldest in the class. This is kind of a late life decision for me :colondollar:

You are the second...this girl from my school is also doing the same course. i`m 17 right now. 18 soon. what about you?
Oh gosh. I wish I didn't asked. Haha. Now I feel really old. I'll be 29 when the course starts.
I'll be going into my second year of Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science when you start at De Montfort. Most aspects of the way the courses run are very similar as they are in the same faculty, so if you have any questions about the university you think I could help with, fire away! :smile: As for the timetables, they are all posted online and you have access to them about a week before your course starts (so during Fresher's) if I recall correctly. Something I recommend you do when you arrive is download Google calendar on your phone, as the university email is supplied by Google and all of your timetabled lectures etc can be synchronized with it.

Please ask away! :smile:
Original post by carrotstar
I'll be going into my second year of Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science when you start at De Montfort. Most aspects of the way the courses run are very similar as they are in the same faculty, so if you have any questions about the university you think I could help with, fire away! :smile: As for the timetables, they are all posted online and you have access to them about a week before your course starts (so during Fresher's) if I recall correctly. Something I recommend you do when you arrive is download Google calendar on your phone, as the university email is supplied by Google and all of your timetabled lectures etc can be synchronized with it.

Please ask away! :smile:

Thank you so much...on my UCAS the course start date says it starts on the first of september but the accomodation contracts start on the 25th of Sept...is 1st of Sept really the start date and which DMU hall would you recommend between Bede and New Wharf
Oh gosh. I wish I didn't asked. Haha. Now I feel really old. I'll be 29 when the course starts.

Aww dont worry...thats not old :smile:
Thank you so much...on my UCAS the course start date says it starts on the first of september but the accomodation contracts start on the 25th of Sept...is 1st of Sept really the start date and which DMU hall would you recommend between Bede and New Wharf

Thanks carrotstar.
I read on another post that freshers week starts 28th september and lectures start the week after that.

The course start date was the same for me on UCAS, however this academic year starts on 5th October, and Fresher's week starts as soon as you move in. You'll have two weeks of Fresher's, but you will have timetabled activities during the first and lectures during the second.
Unfortunately I've never been to those two so I can't help you there! I was adamant about having an en suite bathroom when I moved here haha :')
Thanks carrotstar.
I read on another post that freshers week starts 28th september and lectures start the week after that.

Yep - your Fresher's will actually start the Friday from which you are allowed to move into your accommodation, so 25th September. The academic year officially starts on 5th October, so this is when your first lectures will be.
Original post by carrotstar
The course start date was the same for me on UCAS, however this academic year starts on 5th October, and Fresher's week starts as soon as you move in. You'll have two weeks of Fresher's, but you will have timetabled activities during the first and lectures during the second.
Unfortunately I've never been to those two so I can't help you there! I was adamant about having an en suite bathroom when I moved here haha :')

Ohhh that's okay. thank you...one more thing. do you know how many days bio med students have lectures each week?
Ohhh that's okay. thank you...one more thing. do you know how many days bio med students have lectures each week?

It will be 5 days a week, and if the timetable is anything like mine then there won't be a repeating pattern. You may have lectures anywhere between 9am and finishing at 6pm each day. The one exception is that Wednesday afternoons are always empty (things finish at 1pm latest) because society socials and sports practise take place on that day.
Reply 18
Hello, I have also firmed DMU and will be studying biomedical science. where are you staying (those at halls?) im a female btw
Original post by renmyrie
Hello, I have also firmed DMU and will be studying biomedical science. where are you staying (those at halls?) im a female btw

Yaaaay! I`ll be living in Bede Hall and I`m female too lol. which hall are you gonna be in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending