The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I have an exam next Thursday that I haven't started revising for. Maybe I'll start tomorrow.
Lets say a week before. Haha. And yeah, daily, if I can be bothered. I tend to do most of it the day or two before the exam though. Otherwise I just forget it all again.
Reply 2
I would actually like to know this too, as I am worrying for not starting my revision, for my January exams, properly. I hav two weeks left and am going to start intensely revising from now until then....it's all I can do now...

I have heard, however, that the average time you should start revising is 2-3 months before - so I should have started revising in the October half term holidays.
Reply 3
^ yeah you better be doing tht! Otherwise you'd end up wishing for the lost time to come back for u to start revising early >_>

I have left revision late and I seriously regret it, it didn't really help ignoring the important work and focusing on crap >_<
Reply 4
I'm incredibly sad, and I usually start revising for the June exams in Feb. But I'm not sure if I can manage that this year.
Reply 5
I'll probably start revising for June late in March. Make sure I have printed off specifications and things in February half term, but that might not happen this year, as I have a lot of coursework.

I haven't had as much time to revise this year for these Jan exams :frown: :frown:
I've just started revising for my psychology PYA1 re-sit tomorrow 2 days ago.
Reply 7
i start at about 9pm the night before, that way its all fresh in my mind. A bit rushed, but im pressured. It seems i always work better under pressure anyway.

Always worked for me
Reply 8
My Rule: Never Revise, OR Last 1 hour Revision....I did it for my GCSE I got brilliant grades...and now i did it for G.C.E (AS). Lets see what happens....:biggrin:, but i think it because of my belief...have faith in god....
saj786
My Rule: Never Revise, OR Last 1 hour Revision....I did it for my GCSE I got brilliant grades...and now i did it for G.C.E (AS). Lets see what happens....:biggrin:, but i think it because of my belief...have faith in god....

That's absurd. Sorry. Cant just sit back and do jack then expect God to come through for you! Anyway if that is what you have done I'm sure you will find out soon enough.
Reply 10
<50 hours before.
two days before...usually.........sometimes the night before...........
hopefully it'll work this time............

what i cant figure out is....how can u even START revising three months before an exam..........i mean by the time the exam comes around you forget everythin anyway.......... no offence ............
About 3 weeks before.
For subjects like biology, I need a week or abit more but that rarely happens since i'm a class A procrastinator. I've got a chemistry exam in the morning which is why i'm still up at 2am armed with red bull and cramming mechanisms lol.

Isn't there a better way to test people? Most exams are just a memory test. I honestly forget everything after every single exam.
BeesKnees
For subjects like biology, I need a week or abit more but that rarely happens since i'm a class A procrastinator. I've got a chemistry exam in the morning which is why i'm still up at 2am armed with red bull and cramming mechanisms lol.

Isn't there a better way to test people? Most exams are just a memory test. I honestly forget everything after every single exam.

I know. I truly thought A Levels would be different but no, pretty much just memory tests, there is *some* applied knowledge though. Just a lot to remember.
^^ yep, a crapload to remember lol. 5am now...man, this had better pay off! :biggrin:. Now that cramming is over, i'm going to listen to loud music and dance until my exam to keep myself awake coz I can't possibly go to sleep now- scared i won't wake up on time. Me and my strange revision practices.
Reply 16
I try to do a bit of revision every day close to the exam, even if it's just memorising an equation.
Reply 17
If I'm completely honest with myself, I start revision FAR too late. I have a Maths exam on tuesday which I've barely revised for at all! And an exam on Thursday that I've only done about 6 hours of revision for. I get distracted too easily, and I've come down with depression at the worst possible time. Urgh. =/
Reply 18
the night before
I started revising for my January exams in the Christmas holidays and for my June exams around the start of May, later than usual. I haven't done any uni exams per se yet, just short tests, which I revise for a day or two before.

Latest