The Student Room Group

Interviews

Out of my four medicine choices i've only heard back from one and its a rejection. Just wondered if it was normal to not really have heard anything by 12th january. also is this a good thing or bad thing. am i waiting for interview invites or rejections?

is anyone else in same situation as me or have been in this situation?

thanks for any replies!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

mc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
It really depends on where you applied. Check the websites of the places you applied to and see what it says about interview dates n.b. many places dont invite ppl to interview until 2-3 weeks before the interview date.

If u look round the forum, you'll find people who have been rejected by all 4 universities, so if I were u, I'd be staying positive and thinking that I've still got 3 chances.

If your application was bad, many places would have let you know by now. I suspect you're on a waiting list for interviews :smile:
Reply 2
meeee i'm in the same position. exact same. heard from one and that's a rejection

waheyy for us
Reply 3
i'm not worried btw. just to extend on that post. i don't know whether that's me being optimistic or me worrying far too much about exams to care about anything else right now... lol
Johnny C.
Hi,
It really depends on where you applied. Check the websites of the places you applied to and see what it says about interview dates n.b. many places dont invite ppl to interview until 2-3 weeks before the interview date.

If u look round the forum, you'll find people who have been rejected by all 4 universities, so if I were u, I'd be staying positive and thinking that I've still got 3 chances.

If your application was bad, many places would have let you know by now. I suspect you're on a waiting list for interviews :smile:

Congrats on the BSMS offer, it seems they've been really competitive this year! And you're right also...

When I first applied to med school at the tender young age of 16, I got rejected by everywhere by November...because my Scottish Higher grades were ABBCC, haha. Talk about optimism! :P
I'm in the same position, so hopefully not too weird.
Reply 6
graemematt
Congrats on the BSMS offer, it seems they've been really competitive this year! And you're right also...

When I first applied to med school at the tender young age of 16, I got rejected by everywhere by November...because my Scottish Higher grades were ABBCC, haha. Talk about optimism! :P

Thanks, funny thing is I applied to them as an "insurance" option (not that there's such a thing in medicine). But when I got there for interview I found out that last year they were the most competitive med school in UK. They had 25 applicants per place!!!!!:eek:
Reply 7
Philosoraptor
I'm in the same position, so hopefully not too weird.

Just looking at your signature.....
Did u only apply to 3 medical courses? If so, why? (if u don't mind me asking)
Johnny C.
Thanks, funny thing is I applied to them as an "insurance" option (not that there's such a thing in medicine). But when I got there for interview I found out that last year they were the most competitive med school in UK. They had 25 applicants per place!!!!!:eek:

25 apps/place, sounds like Liverpool GEP...I hope I make it!! But Kings GEP has something like 80 apps/place, it's ridiculous...

As for Ugrad...congrats once again, 25apps/place is quite a high ratio to conquer! Wonder why Oxford rejected you?
Reply 9
graemematt
25 apps/place, sounds like Liverpool GEP...I hope I make it!! But Kings GEP has something like 80 apps/place, it's ridiculous...

As for Ugrad...congrats once again, 25apps/place is quite a high ratio to conquer! Wonder why Oxford rejected you?

Don't get me started on why Oxford rejected me. I'm still very bitter:mad:

Only joking...:smile: I didn't deal with the animal experimentation questions they asked very well as this is something I hadn't really thought about. TBH this is the only part of my interviews that didn't go well , the academic stuff was fine in my opinion.

If I'm really cynical about it, it could be because I'm white, I sound posh and I was lucky enough to get a 100% academic scholarship to a private school i.e. the stereotypical oxford student they are trying to reduce the numbers of.... who knows
Johnny C.
Don't get me started on why Oxford rejected me. I'm still very bitter:mad:

Only joking...:smile: I didn't deal with the animal experimentation questions they asked very well as this is something I hadn't really thought about. TBH this is the only part of my interviews that didn't go well , the academic stuff was fine in my opinion.

If I'm really cynical about it, it could be because I'm white, I sound posh and I was lucky enough to get a 100% academic scholarship to a private school i.e. the stereotypical oxford student they are trying to reduce the numbers of.... who knows

I'm the same. Infact, I get offered really easy jobs at places like Haven (door staff, welcoming people) and ASDA (greeter) because I have a nice accent :biggrin: I dont have a scholarship though, I'm a bit lacking in the grey matter...:frown:
No , I got rejected after interview by BSMS , but I felt more like deleting them than saying rejection .
Reply 12
waheyy philosoraptor, have you just received an invite for interview at ucl? :biggrin:
yes thanks ! :smile:
i have not heard any thing from any of the universities and i m a bit worried now
Reply 15
al-khwarzimi
i have not heard any thing from any of the universities and i m a bit worried now

They must be giving you serious consideration or they would have let you know by now. Be patient and I'm sure the interviews will come:smile:
Indeed, I was freaking out thinking this was so late, and today a nice juicy interview letter came through the door :P
Reply 17
mc4263
Out of my four medicine choices i've only heard back from one and its a rejection. Just wondered if it was normal to not really have heard anything by 12th january. also is this a good thing or bad thing. am i waiting for interview invites or rejections?

is anyone else in same situation as me or have been in this situation?

thanks for any replies!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

mc

i've heard back from 2, and thats 2 rejections.
my friends only just got an interview from one of her 4, so you're not alone lol.
Zafda
i've heard back from 2, and thats 2 rejections.
my friends only just got an interview from one of her 4, so you're not alone lol.

I'm the same as your friend Zafda...interview invite recently and first one! But I'm a graduate applicant...well, final year of uni.
Reply 19
welcome to my world. same here because some of my mates have heard interviews, offers at unis i a have applied to and im still waiting.

Latest

Trending

Trending