The Student Room Group

Should I go to my retake or miss it?

Hello,
Tomorrow I have my AS Computer Science F452 Resit Exam, I did this exam last year and got a D as I hadn't revised. However in my other exam, F451 Computer Science I got a high A so therefore overall I got a Grade B for my Computer Science AS. Truthfully, I have not really prepared much for my exam tomorrow as on the 4th (the next day) I have my AS Physics exam which is worth 50% of my AS. So I have been giving that my greatest amount of time, however truthfully I still don't feel too confident in it.

I don't plan on taking A2 Physics next year so this AS physics isn't extremely important, however I don't want to get a bad grade in it as University see all of your past exams(as far as I am aware at least) and I would prefer to get into a Engineering area sort of degree. Anyway I have my A2 Computing exam on the 23rd of June which if I do really well in, (get 105 out of 120), then I can get an A* grade overall, however I am aware that retaking my AS will only let it be easier for me to get an A grade at A2 overall and not have any effect on the A* grade that I'm aiming for. In short, do you think I should revise for my Computing exam tomorrow and do it, or should I just miss it and continue revising for my AS Physics Exam. Will Universities see that I have completed a retake and got 0 if I just completely skip it? Is it better to do the exam and possibly not do so well rather than completely miss it and get a U?

Any Advice? Thank you :smile:
I always tell myself never ever miss a question in a paper even if I don't know what it's talking about, now missing an exam? That's insane, firstly a common misconception is that if you don't turn up you get 0, that's not the case, if you don't turn up to an exam you're disqualified for not participating, you can't come last in a race you're not running, go to all your exams regardless. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Personally I think that you should go to the retake. If it goes really bad, you have your D to fall back on, but you might surprise yourself or the paper might be easier. I'm doing computing too and I'm struggling to get above 80/120 in A2, and I've revised a lot, so 105/120 is mad high. At AS I got ABBD, (dropped the D) and I don't think that that hindered my university options as I got all 5 offers. Hope that helped you decide!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest