The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Its kind of useful but quite annoying if you start checking it alot. When it says "Your application has been forwarded to a college" then you are pretty likely going to get an offer.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
vaseand
Its kind of useful but quite annoying if you start checking it alot. When it says "Your application has been forwarded to a college" then you are pretty likely going to get an offer.

How likely is pretty likely :wink:
Reply 382
IllidanSlayer2k8
How likely is pretty likely :wink:

Almost certain unless someone has made a cock up or they really cant fit you in.
Reply 383
Almost certainly at the beginning, highly likely at the end.

Cock-ups were fairly common on AES a couple of years ago but hopefully they're alright now. But right at the end of the admissions cycle some people get accepted by departments but the colleges are "full". Rare but sad :frown:
Reply 384
abrp
i applied to Castle..and whilst at Oxford i kept hearing "yea..i was rejected from Durham last year..well obvs tbh..i applied to Castle which is the most oversubscribed..."

we wont be rejected on purely the basis of # of places @ Castle?

Thats a load of rubbish actually. If your good enough you'll get a place regardless of where you apply.
whats durham track and how do u get onto it?
Reply 386
Reblet
But right at the end of the admissions cycle some people get accepted by departments but the colleges are "full". Rare but sad :frown:

That can't happen, because it says in the prospectus that if the University and Department accept you but the College doesn't, the Dean of Admissions will force a college to take you. Basically if the department says yes, you're in.
SpamBa
That can't happen, because it says in the prospectus that if the University and Department accept you but the College doesn't, the Dean of Admissions will force a college to take you. Basically if the department says yes, you're in.

There has to be a space in the first place for them to be able to apply that, and the Dean does not actually have to force people.
SpamBa

That's not what the email confirming my application said.
:woo: You can actually log in today.
Do any Durham offers come early? Or are they all late?
I heard back in late November and apparently that was quite early. I know there are people on here who waited well into spring.

UCL didn't get back to me until late April, after the deadline. Their English department must be evil.
generic hybrid
I heard back in late November and apparently that was quite early. I know there are people on here who waited well into spring.

UCL didn't get back to me until late April, after the deadline. Their English department must be evil.

was it successful?
dark<>horizon
was it successful?

UCL? No. :biggrin: That contributes to the evil.

Durham was my first choice though so I was happy.
Reply 394
Weird - I was interviewed by UCL for English last November! didn't get in though...

Last year I heard from Durham in late Jan - it seems pretty common to gate late replies from there.

Didn't get in there either...

And I got straight As!

Oh well, reapplication it is!
I got an email from Durham yesterday with my login details but it's not working :rolleyes:

Anyone else having the same problem?
Reply 397
To be fair, it's not all that exciting. Mine says it hasn't even reached the department yet...
Apparently my application has been received by the department but hasn't been forwarded to a college yet. I'm getting so impatient, but I also realise that if I wanted quick responses, Durham really wasn't the best place to apply. :p:
I would be very surprised if anyone heard anything this month. Settle down with a nice book or something, because it will be a long wait.

Latest