The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ugh Carloza lost 0.1 mil. Screws up any plans I had for upgrading him.
McCarthy at home to Villa or Courtois away to WBA?

Got to be Courtois, right? WBA not scored yet.
Original post by little_wizard123

Yeah has to be courtois, no point benching a keeper you've spent that much on too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Under Pardew, Palace don't keep many CS's too it must be said so probabilities make Courtois a better choice.
Putting a palace defender in your team is suicide tbf, 2 clean sheets on 20 with Pardew in charge is an abysmal record
Original post by leinad2012
Putting a palace defender in your team is suicide tbf, 2 clean sheets on 20 with Pardew in charge is an abysmal record

There's a reason they're dirt cheap.
Original post by Mister Dead
With Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard the prices they are at this year then a strategy of playing throughout the season with a budget fourth midfielder might not be a bad one. If your plan is to find one who'll return a good total over the season and not mess with him then consistency isn't such a concern. Sure he wont play Sunderland every week, but he will play a poor team every four games. It's worth noting that 5 of his 7 goals since the start of last season have come when he's played AM rather than RW, which he's done on only 8 occasions and all of these are in the last 10 games. Also of note is that seemingly is is penno taker, and perhaps may even usurp Ulloa when he is on the field. So it's not so much a case of looking at him and expecting that he'll be wonder-man all season, but that given the current positional change and set piece duties, should he retain the place then points should come. And with his current form it seems unlikely he'll be moved anytime soon.

What is a slight concern is that - according to transfermarkt stats - he didn't pick up a single assist during Leicester's wonder-run, and that's 20 goals. Not sure I trust those stats, but that's a concern.

Much as I rate mahrez, if you're jumping on the Leicester bandwagon (good first few months, cheap players - ditch before December though, that's a god awful month) I'd go Albrighton - 3 goals and 5 (arguably six but I don't think he was credited with the one at Burnley) assists in his last eight, good points scorer but also a consistent performer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
****, another player in my team drops in value :rolleyes:

Looks like Hazard will have to be shipped out if he blanks again this weekend, a price drop is inevitable if he does and I can't really afford further loss in team value at this point. I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though if I can sell him for 11.5m and get him back in for 11.4m which would at least make up for a lost 0.1m.
Don't care. I'm sticking with Defoe as my captain.

#ThroughThick&Thin

Didn't expect this from you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Didn't expect this from you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or I have such little faith in Villa that it's always an option?

Check your PMs ffs.
Or I have such little faith in Villa that it's always an option?

Check your PMs ffs.

I've seen it man, haven't had time to apply yet. I'll do it this weekend.
Original post by Zerforax
Ugh Carloza lost 0.1 mil. Screws up any plans I had for upgrading him.

Doing my transfers early this week and dropping him was a good call it seems :wink:

As for people talking about defenders, you're gonna want to have representatives from United, Chelsea, WBA and (surprisingly) Liverpool or City.

That's my take on things, may have to leave out one or two if you can't afford to spend 5m on Lescott for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Decided to use my free transfer this week by axing Bentaleb and bringing in Routledge. Whole of my thought process is, admittedly, woeful but hey ho, give it a go see how it goes..
why would you have defensive players like matic, bentaleb in ur team?
wonder how many % of players used to own john obi mikel?
Not sure between Depay or Aguero for captain
Original post by difeo
Not sure between Depay or Aguero for captain

What happens when Aguero scores his hattrick and you captained Depay who gets sent off? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
What happens when Aguero scores his hattrick and you captained Depay who gets sent off? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cry
Original post by Bubzeh
Don't care. I'm sticking with Defoe as my captain.

#ThroughThick&Thin

What happened to Fletcher?

Original post by Reluire
At least 42 points this game week, although could be higher if Clyne picks up any bonus points. Frustrating that my captain was Pelle and my vice captain was Eriksen. I could have had 8 more points taking me over 50. Considering I only got 18 points last week, that would have been over triple as many points.

Looks like I've just scraped a victory over Firmino Coutinho (not sure which member that is?) though. :smile: I also just transferred in Mahrez and ditched Ritchie. My defence is still looking iffy, but it can wait I reckon. Saving my wildcard for when I really need it.

That would be moi. :gangster:

Latest