The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
It depends on the order of the subs. Number 1 will be first choice, then number 2 etc..

How does that work because the subs automatically place themselves don't they? In which case Koscielny will be my replacement. :colonhash:
Original post by Reluire
Anyone know which of my players will be subbed in if Eriksen didn't play but I didn't have a midfielder left on the bench? I have Koscielny, Clyne and Wilson on the bench.

Wll be your first choice sub. The only exception to that rule is if you have chosen 3 defenders and then one of them doesn't play, then a defender will sub in first over any striker/defender.
Original post by Reluire
How does that work because the subs automatically place themselves don't they? In which case Koscielny will be my replacement. :colonhash:

You can change the sub order
Got 2 very solid looking weeks and when I'll probably wildcard, fixtures for my players are trash after that and it'll be easier to get a gauge of which players to keep and which to bin in terms of form players
Reply 1384
Anyone else doing reasonably well but considering WCing? Think I could do something truly magnificent if I got to pick again. It's so hard to judge.

I'm doing amazingly. Thanks to Kolarov, Chadli and Shaw.
Only this GW is a let down tho the points ain't tragic
Original post by LeyK
I'm doing amazingly. Thanks to Kolarov, Chadli and Shaw.
Only this GW is a let down tho the points ain't tragic

Nathan Redmond of all players is keeping my in the game. Darmian doing well. Not much else to speak about.. Was 15th place last time I checked
Reply 1386
Nathan Redmond of all players is keeping my in the game. Darmian doing well. Not much else to speak about.. Was 15th place last time I checked

2nd .
Ups were "Kolarov is a savior. Shaw and Chadli too.

And now I know that Bastian Schwein.. and Ivanovic are gonna get sacked. Also Pelle but I'll give him time
3bps for Sanga. Wtf. Didn't see that crazy sheeeeit happening.

Oh what a night.
Courtois lost his BAPs, sigh.
What do people think about Kone?

I have the option to 4 point hit for a striker of max 5.1

Diouf ----> Kone
Ayew ----> Pedro

I think it's finely balanced because Diouf seems nailed on up front with amazing fixtures, and Everton have appalling fixtures. But i'm acutely aware that Pedro is going to rise like a rotten egg after the deadline and if he is indeed a season-keeper as the glimpse of him suggests he could be, that .1 or .2 will be something I carry all season, and you don't want that. Plus, i'm currently without any Chelsea.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Sod it, this is time for action. 8 point hit

Bellerin ---> Lovren (Fixtures/form)
Diouf ----> Wilson (Fixtures/form)
Ayew ----> Pedro (Form)

I'm getting the comfy seat on the bandwagon
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
You can change the sub order

Oh crap I didn't know that. I would have put Wilson as my first sub and got 17 more points. Aghhh. This game is so gutting at times.
Original post by Reluire
Oh crap I didn't know that. I would have put Wilson as my first sub and got 17 more points. Aghhh. This game is so gutting at times.

Wilson as sub? Nah man, Tekkers is Wilson's sub in my squad lol.

Nice result by Man City again Hart doesn't disappoint and Kompany/Fonte bring home the bacon on defence as well

could be better but I'll take 44 points with still opportunity tomorrow.
Original post by joey11223
Wilson as sub? Nah man, Tekkers is Wilson's sub in my squad lol.

Nice result by Man City again Hart doesn't disappoint and Kompany brings home the bacon as well.

could be better but I'll take 44 points with still opportunity tomorrow.

Thing is, Wilson's performances in the first two games didn't give any suggestion he had a hatrick in him haha. So I bench him in the third week and he goes and gets a hatrick. It's just sod's law isn't it? Luckily my other players have scored relatively well so it hasn't been as big a loss as it could have been. Hopefully Arsenal get a clean sheet tomorrow and then I should get 12 points from Koscielny and Mertesacker. :moon:

I love how everyone transferred out Cortois after the first week. I knew that would be a stupid move.
Original post by Reluire
Thing is, Wilson's performances in the first two games didn't give any suggestion he had a hatrick in him haha. So I bench him in the third week and he goes and gets a hatrick. It's just sod's law isn't it? Luckily my other players have scored relatively well so it hasn't been as big a loss as it could have been. Hopefully Arsenal get a clean sheet tomorrow and then I should get 12 points from Koscielny and Mertesacker. :moon:

I love how everyone transferred out Cortois after the first week. I knew that would be a stupid move.

Aye see what you mean tbf, I had Tekkers last GW but I didn't feel he'd score against Arsenal and thought West Ham was one of those teams Bournemouth may have a chance against, and obviously Wilson is their main man.

Not sure how I want tomorrow to go, Henderson is a doubt it seems and my sub is Bradley Johnson so he'll only give me a single point, so I suppose I'd rather have Arsenal keep a clean sheet for Mertesacker's sake.
Original post by Reluire

You knew he would save a penalty?

What have they conceded now, 7 goals in 3 games? Seems to me that people who kept him this week or brought him in can consider themselves a touch lucky to have come away with more than 2 or 3 points.

Apart from that, how can you call it a stupid move when you've no idea who the people who transferred Courtois out replaced him with? Several keepers offered either a bigger score or a comparable, better value score, not to mention their score last week, and that's what dictates whether the move was stupid or not, not what you 'knew'
(edited 8 years ago)
Aguero captain fail. :frown:
Original post by Sephiroth
Aguero captain fail. :frown:

Doesn't matter. Just accept the (C) on Kun every single week he is fit and let the fails go over your head. To not is the road to mental ruin when he scores 20+.
Was frustrating having City's front 2 and neither of them doing anything in a 2-0 win, but I wasn't expecting a big haul away at Everton. All set up for their nice run of games now.
Original post by Mister Dead
You knew he would save a penalty?

What have they conceded now, 7 goals in 3 games? Seems to me that people who kept him this week or brought him in can consider themselves a touch lucky to have come away with more than 2 or 3 points.

Apart from that, how can you call it a stupid move when you've no idea who the people who transferred Courtois out replaced him with? Several keepers offered either a bigger score or a comparable, better value score, not to mention their score last week, and that's what dictates whether the move was stupid or not, not what you 'knew'

I don't think I claimed to know he was going to save a penalty. I claimed to know transferring Courtois out was a needless move. People transferred him out because he got a red card in the first game - how short sighted can you get? How can you spout the conceded 7 goals in 3 games stat when Begovic was in goal last week, and for the latter part of the first game? :s-smilie:

It was an unnecessary and rash transfer in my view. People panic transfer. You can't compare with other goalkeepers when Courtois hasn't played half as much as they have so far.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reluire
I don't think I claimed to know he was going to save a penalty. I claimed to know transferring Courtois out was a needless move. People transferred him out because he got a red card in the first game - how short sighted can you get? How can you spout the conceded 7 goals in 3 games stat when Begovic was in goal last week, and for the latter part of the first game? :s-smilie:

It was an unnecessary and rash transfer in my view. People panic transfer. You can't compare with other goalkeepers when Courtois hasn't played half as much as they have so far.

I didn't compare Courtois with other GKs over the period, only the game-week. I pointed out Chelsea have conceded 7. Courtois' ability to score high and justify his lofty tag depends in great part on his defence, without which he's relying on save points and is no better than a Pantillimon or Ruddy etc. With or without him they're not looking nearly as defensively solid as City, United or Liverpool. You call it rash, but perhaps those people who saw the Chelsea performance and then ditched Courtois identified, correctly, they weren't defensively at the races. What's stupid about that?

I know Chelsea will sort it out, possibly sooner rather than later, they're too good to not, but two players sent off in three games and 7 goals conceded, the club doctor farce and Mourinho behaving like a man who might snap at any moment. I'm not sure Courtois owners are in a position to be calling the decision to desert to another keeper stupid.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest