The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Events Management at Huddersfield

Hi
I am considering studying events management at Huddersfield and would be really interested to hear thoughts and experiences of those who have studied it here. How have you found the course? What about the work placements? If you have graduated, have you found the degree to be useful in securing a job in the events industry?
Just any info or advice about the course and the uni would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Hi Ellismall,

I'm currently a student on the event management course at Huddersfield! I've just come back from completing my placement year so will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The event management course at Huddersfield is great. I know a couple of people who have studied event management at other universities and they haven't been given half the opportunities that I have at Huddersfield. The course is great because it doesn't just focus on the academics behind it, it teaches you all the hands on skills you'll need to know to do the job when you graduate.

After coming back off placement, I found I had a head start compared to my colleagues because of what I'd learnt on the course because it's so practical. The course is also assessed in various different ways so if you're not great at exams then there's always another way for you to show your strengths.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to drop me a line!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending