The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Muslims on freshers week 2015 - what is everyone thinking of doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by perksofbeingme
Yep I am

Course?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Jubz1
Generally, theres nothing wrong with dancing and the sort. Besides, not everyone goes there for those reasons and i dont think the average Muslim will take part in anything not allowed

Yh it definitely is about intentions but I also think that some people just want the experience because they've never had that sort of freedom and choice before
Original post by HAnwar
Course?

Are u also going? I'm going to be doing International relations, what about you?
Pray
Reply 24
Are u also going? I'm going to be doing International relations, what about you?

Yeah. BioChemistry Insha Allah.
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah. BioChemistry Insha Allah.

Aha good luck to u then :smile: hope to see you there
Reply 26
Aha good luck to u then :smile: hope to see you there

Thanks you too!
When is it btw lol
Original post by Iqbal007
You gotta like all the relevant society pages like the ISOCs to stay informed about it and go pray in the prayer room and jummah.

You go Queen Mary?
Original post by HAnwar
Thanks you too!
When is it btw lol

The start date? It's the 21st of September but I think the official moving in day is like 18/19 if you're staying in halls. (Well that's what the Qmul freshers page on fb says lol)
Reply 29
The start date? It's the 21st of September but I think the official moving in day is like 18/19 if you're staying in halls. (Well that's what the Qmul freshers page on fb says lol)

Ah right cool :yy:
Original post by ineedtorevise127
You go Queen Mary?

Past tense

Yh I do intent on being involved in these sort of things but I thought that would be through freshers fair

Freshers fair is just sign up to show interest, means little, gotta like their facebook page to find out about everything, then pay for membership
This year - probably only some Isoc events like go karting/bowling. Other then that cba.

Last year me and friends did things like bubble football, going to some restaurant(with the uni), cinema (with tickers from uni), Go ape, go karting etc...

Stays away from my course's society though. They were obsessed with drinking (literally every event they've done is based around drinking).

Edits: Oops this is Queen Mary uni section, I don't go there :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
This year - probably only some Isoc events like go karting/bowling. Other then that cba.

Last year me and friends did things like bubble football, going to some restaurant(with the uni), cinema (with tickers from uni), Go ape, go karting etc...

Stays away from my course's society though. They were obsessed with drinking (literally every event they've done is based around drinking).

What course are you studying? I was thinking to join my course's society but if all they do is based around drinking then I won't join.
Party without the drinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
not being a muslim
Original post by The.Joker
What course are you studying? I was thinking to join my course's society but if all they do is based around drinking then I won't join.

Sorry I didn't notice that this was the "Queen's Mary" section :redface: I don't actually go there, so my course isn't relevant.

However, I'd recommend looking on your university website and finding their society section. Find out contact details for your course's soc and then email them asking about events before you buy membership.
(edited 8 years ago)
So what do you plan on doing?
And are you Muslim? (Just curious to know)

I am not sure yet 😶
And yes 😇
Original post by AngelaMckenzie
I am not sure yet 😶
And yes 😇

What course are you going to be doing?
Original post by The.Joker

Not she about QM, but at Leeds , my course society revolves around drinking all the time, so I didn't get membership

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending