The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All brands have some nice stuff, its more a question of certain items.

Baseball caps and track suit jackets for example are almost exclusive to chavs.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What's wrong with that?

I don't know, Stone Island (Considered to be THE football hooligan brand) is incredible, honestly the materials and technology used in some of their clothing is insane. Sadly the brand got absolutley hijacked and ruined to shreds by chavs. I couldn't be associated with it, maybe one day if it calmed down.
Original post by GuddaGudda
How is superdry, lacoste, jack jones, and gstar cheap? What do you wear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly my thoughts.

The sports brands, I can see why are chavy. Imo the most chavy thing to do is to wear sports brands without playing or watching sport.
Original post by angelfox
Exactly my thoughts.

The sports brands, I can see why are chavy. Imo the most chavy thing to do is to wear sports brands without playing or watching sport.

Why didn't you answer my quote fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sazh
Yesterday I got a jacket of a particular brand. And the response from literally everyone, was its chavvy. This brand is actually quite popular and I know people who are not chavs i.e. nerdy sometimes wear them. In fact when I questioned them, they named some brands which like 80% of people wear as chavvy. I thought chaviness was restricted to like 2% of the population.

To Chav or not to Chav....That is the question.

And if you can do me a favour and tell me if you consider these brands chavvy or give off a chavvy scent:

Bench
Gio Goi
Adiddas
Nike
Superdry
Crosshatch
Jack and Jones
Lacoste
Puma
McKenzie
EDIT: Voi
G-star

NOTE: I am not bashing lower class people. I am in fact from a very poor family. Just those people that have no life, wandering the streets shooting at grannies with BB guns and rob a pack of malteasers from sainsbury's to prove how 'hard' they are.

The bolded I wouldn't say are necessarily chavvy, although in the case of Nike/Adidas (and to a certain extent Lacoste) I'd argue it depends on the piece of clothing itself. The others I personally wouldn't consider chavvy whatsoever unless the clothing was fake - but that applies to almost every brand.
Original post by angelfox
Exactly my thoughts.

Dont see how.. sports brands like nike make different types of clothing.. they dont specifically make sportswear.. I want to know what the OP wears, as he/she is saying these are cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Ask yourself why it matters what others think of you.

Why other people would make you send yourself to a forum to question yourself.

It matters how you think of yourself, so answer to yourself and no one else.

Wear what you like.
Original post by bassbabe
Nike air max - I've only ever seen chavs wear them. Probably saved up their benefit money.

like you don't have a pair.
and what do you mean by chavs then?
because I've seen all types of people wearing Nike brands including Air Max.
and who are you to look down on anyone?

this whole thread makes me ****ing sick tbh.

Original post by Sazh
Yesterday I got a jacket of a particular brand. And the response from literally everyone, was its chavvy. This brand is actually quite popular and I know people who are not chavs i.e. nerdy sometimes wear them. In fact when I questioned them, they named some brands which like 80% of people wear as chavvy. I thought chaviness was restricted to like 2% of the population.

And if you can do me a favour and tell me if you consider these brands chavvy or give off a chavvy scent:

Bench
Gio Goi
Adiddas
Nike
Superdry
Crosshatch
Jack and Jones
Lacoste
Puma
McKenzie
G-star

NOTE: I am not bashing lower class people. I am in fact from a very poor family. Just those people that have no life, wandering the streets shooting at grannies with BB guns and rob a pack of malteasers from sainsbury's to prove how 'hard' they are.

Adidas is chavvy?!

Do you know how much just a plain white stripe jacket cost tho? seriously.
You can't just say a rapper was wearing it so it's chavvy or a loutish thug at the chip or corner shop I saw was wearing it so it's chavvy, because I know that's what you're getting to. If that's the case then Versace everything, Gucci everything, and MCM everything which cost hundreds are chavvy too. :colonhash:
Judging people on what they wear makes you a materialistic chav. Worry about what you wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sophie507
Loads of people in my school wear those awful nike huarache shoes, addidas jackets with stripes on the sleeves and ellesse hoodies. They all judge me because I wear clothes like skirts and heels on a daily basis.

Lol huarache's are ****ing ugly
Original post by Man.bear.pig
like you don't have a pair.
and what do you mean by chavs then?
because I've seen all types of people wearing Nike brands including Air Max.
and who are you to look down on anyone?

this whole thread makes me ****ing sick tbh.

Adidas is chavvy?!

Do you know how much just a plain white stripe jacket cost tho? seriously.
You can't just say a rapper was wearing it so it's chavvy or a loutish thug at the chip or corner shop I saw was wearing it so it's chavvy, because I know that's what you're getting to. If that's the case then Versace everything, Gucci everything, and MCM everything which cost hundreds are chavvy too. :colonhash:

Eugh I thought you had been permanently banned :colonhash:
And did I say that the whole Nike brand was chavy. NO. I said that I always see Chavs wearing Nike airs ffs I actually like Air Max. And I'm not looking down on anyone, just do one !!
Original post by Wilfred Little
Really? I'd say they've been hijacked by the affluent student crowd. See loads of artsy fartsy hipster types wearing them.

Usually 90s and 87s.

It can also be really nice too. Look up the London Consortiums or the Berlins.

It's a shame, Nike Air Max's are actually nice. Like you said, Chavs have hijacked them.
I got a lovely jacket from Jack Jones last week-not all items of clothing from aforementioned brands are "chavvy" and not all "chavs" wear them
Pauls ****ing boutique, chavvy as ****
Original post by bassbabe
Eugh I thought you had been permanently banned :colonhash:
And did I say that the whole Nike brand was chavy. NO. I said that I always see Chavs wearing Nike airs ffs I actually like Air Max. And I'm not looking down on anyone, just do one !!

Did I say you said the whole Nike brand was chavvy? And I didn't read the rest, it sounds too hormonal already.
These brands aren't chavvy, its just how people choose to wear them. Also, you aren't really bashing lower class people as these brands can be expensive depending on what you're buying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Superdry is not really that bad same with g star the rest are north face is the one I would say is the worst along with them canoe looking nike trainers
some people said i used to look chavvy but then i started buying preowned designer off of ebay and at premium charity outlets and look like i have won the lottery as an old friend of mine i hadn't seen for a couple of years said the other week
Original post by Sazh

Bench
Gio Goi
Adiddas
Nike
Superdry
Crosshatch
Jack and Jones
Lacoste
Puma
McKenzie
G-star

For me Jack and Jones is totally not chavvy! And Lacoste, Puma, Adidas are used by everyone around. Maybe McKenzie and G-star I'd say are kind of reserved for chavs :biggrin:

Latest