The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What sort of Grades do you need to get into LSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yep...Cant wait!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Roll on October 2007!!!

Its my firm unconditional (you can only have one according to UCAS):rolleyes:

Cant go to the Post Application Day in April (in South Africa) so im going to the regular open day to see about accommodation....my big worry :confused:

You heading yourself?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
yeah il probably be going there too, you have msn? me you and emdo can have a convo :smile:
Reply 22
i am at lse righht now. i got an offer before my a levels were published and i only got 1a 7b 2c at gcse so i think when you say 11a or whatever is weak, that is unrealistic. you are in a strong position
Reply 23
yes, but what do you study?

You see, for economics, somehow, observing the pattern, it seems that accepted people have 10A*+ so....
Reply 24
nomasaya
yes, but what do you study?

You see, for economics, somehow, observing the pattern, it seems that accepted people have 10A*+ so....

Listen don't forget the take into account extra activities, your reference from your teacher (i.e. your personality what kind of person you are)

Yeah 10 A's* huge advantage but they want someone who is friendly which take up lots of activities and contributes to the university life not just a solid bookworm who won't socialize at all!
Reply 25
emdo
Listen don't forget the take into account extra activities, your reference from your teacher (i.e. your personality what kind of person you are)

Yeah 10 A's* huge advantage but they want someone who is friendly which take up lots of activities and contributes to the university life not just a solid bookworm who won't socialize at all!

Of course, I completely agree with you; and i wish they would think so, but unfortunately they (obviously) don't. I don't say my 'assumption' is based on scientific evidence, but simply observing pattern, you'll see only such applicants get in. It's the same with the choice of subjects. I personally think further maths is way too much maths for econ. course, but somehow (it must be some strange logic) every successful applicant has done FM (well A-level FM, but anyway).

Sad, but true. And I don't think i can blame them. Well actually I do - if LSE had interviews, it wouldn't have been full of geeks (as they appear to know nothing about social skills whatsoever, but in business, social skills are far more important than computational). As said, I don't get their logic.
Reply 26
nomasaya
Of course, I completely agree with you; and i wish they would think so, but unfortunately they (obviously) don't. I don't say my 'assumption' is based on scientific evidence, but simply observing pattern, you'll see only such applicants get in. It's the same with the choice of subjects. I personally think further maths is way too much maths for econ. course, but somehow (it must be some strange logic) every successful applicant has done FM (well A-level FM, but anyway).

Sad, but true. And I don't think i can blame them. Well actually I do - if LSE had interviews, it wouldn't have been full of geeks (as they appear to know nothing about social skills whatsoever, but in business, social skills are far more important than computational). As said, I don't get their logic.

Lol, true true but i'm hoping i can change that hopefully when i go next year :biggrin: {god willing fingers crossed tocuh wood}
Reply 27
apacha

I didnt get the greatest GCSE results in the world :redface:

I didnt do particularly well in my AS's...couple of A's, B and a C :s-smilie:

Got three BBB's in my A Levels.... :rolleyes:

But got into a competitive course at LSE!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (Social Policy) :eek:

All courses at LSE are competitive. Sociology related courses at LSE aren't demanding gradewise anyway.

PS. To all you LSE fans, all I can say is that I'd sooo prefer to study at Oxford or Stanford. >_<
emdo

hi emdo..this is slightly off topic, sorry guys...but i just wanted to ask something about ur insurance uni...well warwick are asking for AABC and LSE AAB...can u actually have an insurance choice that is lower than ur firm? how does that work out?

BTW...i gt an offer for Acc and fin. :wink: now im not sure what to have as my insurance out of queen marys (BBC...B in maths and c in AS FM), city (BBB) or Kings (AAB...A in maths) all for maths with finance and management.
Reply 29
well it would not make sense, but it depends on how over subscribed the course is and how lienent they are. but you'd better ask to be sure, but they would take it as offensive i think
Reply 30
aquarian_7861
hi emdo..this is slightly off topic, sorry guys...but i just wanted to ask something about ur insurance uni...well warwick are asking for AABC and LSE AAB...can u actually have an insurance choice that is lower than ur firm? how does that work out?

It can't work out. If you miss your LSE offer, you've missed your Warwick offer aswell. Do you need any grades in specific subjects?
Reply 31
aquarian_7861

BTW...i gt an offer for Acc and fin. :wink: now im not sure what to have as my insurance out of queen marys (BBC...B in maths and c in AS FM), city (BBB) or Kings (AAB...A in maths) all for maths with finance and management.

Hey, Well depending on what exactly the offer is and how you feel about certain subjects then you can choose your firm/insurance. of course you can have an insurance lower than your firm, that's why it's your insurance just incase you don't get the firm.

The only reason i'm kinda taking Warwick is because they only specified maths, where as LSE specified maths and economics [but fingers crossed god willing and touch wood i get the grades].

Hope that helped
Your insurance should be grades you know you can definitely get. if you feel like yeah i can get an A in maths and an AB in other subjects go for King's. (I'm assuming LSE offered you along the lines of ABB/AAB..so you should have no problem) if you're a little less confident go for city or queen's

Hope that helped
Reply 32
Synergetic
It can't work out. If you miss your LSE offer, you've missed your Warwick offer aswell. Do you need any grades in specific subjects?

It can work out. I'll make it work damnit!!!!!! :biggrin:

Yeah LSE want maths and economics.
Warwick only wants maths.

If you see what i mean :smile: ...
Reply 33
emdo
It can work out. I'll make it work damnit!!!!!! :biggrin:

Yeah LSE want maths and economics.
Warwick only wants maths.

If you see what i mean :smile: ...

Well yes, then you can keep Warwick as your insurance :smile: The only way it'll come into play is if you get a C or lower in Economics.
emdo
of course you can have an insurance lower than your firm, that's why it's your insurance just incase you don't get the firm.

lol i cant believe i wrote that...it was meant to be the other way round!!...how can you have an insurance Higher than your firm!...I get why uve selected warwick now!

On track LSE havent specified any subjects...just AAB. Do they give more details in the letter they send or something? I really hope they dont specify something like: AAB in maths, french and chem and just disregard ICT as its on the backlist! (ICT is probs the only one im 95% sure i can get the A thats y :confused: )
Reply 35
Glad you guys get me! :smile: lol sorry about the mix-up there...

Well, i'm sure you can get an A in something else! You're lucky they didn't specify...i was like grrrrrr when I found out, but it was because i'm taking two "non-traditional/blacklisted" subjects...but it's good, i'm actually quite happy with the offer :biggrin:
Reply 36
The Accounting and Finance Dept. seems to be quite lax with the blacklisted subjects this year. 2 of my friends got offers with 2 blacklisted subjects but they have straight A*s.
Reply 37
raza999
The Accounting and Finance Dept. seems to be quite lax with the blacklisted subjects this year. 2 of my friends got offers with 2 blacklisted subjects but they have straight A*s.

Do your friends have two other traditional subjects? Because i think what happens is if you have one traditional and and two "blacklisted subjects", you may not get an offer...
Reply 38
^^ they take Maths, Economics, Business Studies and Accounting
Reply 39
to the person who asked me what i take, stright philosophy, which isnt as hard to get onto as econ but still of the 90ish who apply, about 10-15 get in, so still hard.

DID YOU KNOW: Statistically if you come from outside the EU you have a 33% greater chance of being accepted!!:wink: My source for this is the Beaver(lse newspaper)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending