The Student Room Group

Mothercare Interview Help!

Hi i have a mothercare interview on Monday and i received the email which states "On the day there will be some individual exercises as well as group activities. You do not need to prepare for these; they will be fully explained on the day".

Could you please tell me what happens on the day and how many people are there?
What sort of questions do the ask?
Do you have to go in pairs?
What group activities are there?
How long does the assessment last for?
Do you have to present anything?

Anyone's help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
How did it go? I have the same style of interview tomorrow...
Reply 2
it was really bad.

There were a total of 5 people there.

We were given two task to do. Firstly we had to introduce ourselves which i totally crumbled upon. The second task was that we were given a scenerio in which a customer has come in store and the customer wants to buy a present, list the first 6 important questions you would ask them. Then in another box there were four empty boxes which you had to as a team list the most important questions.

MY ADVICE would be...

BE THE LEADER OF THE GROUP

TALK THE MOST

When asked to introduce "yourselves" be the first one to talk and and JUST ELABORATE.

You'll be fine. Good luck
Reply 3
I was surprised that I had even got an interview when I turned up... I was up against 5 mothers and several graduates (Ours was a group of 15). I definitely should have elaborated on the introduce yourself section, as I think that really let me down. The questions task was alright, it was quite obvious what they wanted/expected.

I didn't make it to the individual interview stage, but it's good experience I suppose.
Reply 4
Oh well atleast you went there and tried.

A learning curb i suppose....

TBH jobs are really hard to get i must have applied for over 50 jobs now and still no job for me, sainsburys,tesco,superdrug,family bargain,b and q,mothercare,next,argos,b and m bargains,maplin etc etc

Jobs are really hard these days considering the amount of people in England has tripled compared to the 1970's.

I suggest go to uni get a degree............... but even then some graduates are sitting at home cuz they cant find eployment. Oh well just keep on trying...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending