The Student Room Group

Realising I'm bi whilst in a relationship

So I've been in a relationship for just over a year now, and he's wonderful, but I've recently been noticing that I'm more and more attracted to girls. I don't want to lose my boyfriend, but I feel like I'm missing out by not being with girls. I know it's selfish, and I don't plan on acting on it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't met him until I'd finished uni, had more time to have casual flings.
I've kisses a girl once, in sixth form, but it was just being drunk and silly, it was nothing but a fun memory for both of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a similar situation. I think you'll just have to stick it out, I mean it sucks that you met him before you could do everything you wanted to, but who says you would have anyway/ You could have ended up in a worse - but still monogamous - relationship, or just been unsuccessful at pulling everyone you want. Alternatively you could talk t out with him and see how he feels about an open relationship, but it all depends on what you guys think works best for your relationship.
Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by XEskimokissX
So I've been in a relationship for just over a year now, and he's wonderful, but I've recently been noticing that I'm more and more attracted to girls. I don't want to lose my boyfriend, but I feel like I'm missing out by not being with girls. I know it's selfish, and I don't plan on acting on it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't met him until I'd finished uni, had more time to have casual flings.
I've kisses a girl once, in sixth form, but it was just being drunk and silly, it was nothing but a fun memory for both of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You want to be with girls for sex?
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, this sounds so familiar to me! First of all, in which way are you attracted to girls? is it purely a case of physical attraction or sexual? (Or both)
It's not exactly selfish as you can't help your feelings. You aren't acting on the feelings so you aren't really doing anything wrong. Since you've been in a relationship for over a year, I would mention it to your boyfriend; casually. Explain it in a way which won't imply that you want to break up or anything - just explain it gently.
This is coming from somebody who is with a girl, you're not really missing out - besides the obvious differences, the similarities are close. Good luck!
It seems like you don't intend to act on it or anything, so maybe just tell him that way you don't feel guilty? I mean even when you're in a relationship you're attracted to other people, so the only difference is that includes guys and girls :-)
Reply 5
See if he'd be down for a threesome. You might be making his year.
Who persuaded you that you are bi?

Stupid media.
Reply 7
Original post by Kaiju
See if he'd be down for a threesome. You might be making his year.

I was just about to say this :colone:
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is gonna sound weird. But I had a relationship with a girl who was bi once and I didn't mind her sleeping with girls. He might be okay with it, so why don't you ask him.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Who persuaded you that you are bi?

Stupid media.

You always go to the topic of brainwashed by the media and the media. Why is that is it because you can't think of r come up with other arguments by yourself so you use the media as your back brace. What if you stopped with the media and make actual arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if i should say this because i have not been in that position of yours. I would care if my partner was to have sexual contact with someone else. But that's just me. And i make my decision off past event so it has nothing todo with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending