The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got an interview at Bradford on 17th Feb?
Original post by saba.saba
Has Leeds got back to you yet? Im still waiting

Hi,

When did you apply? Having spoken to their admissions yesterday it seems like they're currently looking through a lot of applications (more than the norm - guessing partly due to this being the last year of being able to get help with tuition fees). They advised me to wait a couple more weeks (I applied in December).
Original post by katecatfish
you may have to ask the universities as some ask that all your 300 UCAS points come from one year (ie. sitting all the exams in the same year) but most allow you to take grades from exams taken in different year, just worth a check :smile:

Thanks !!
I didn't use all of my five choices and now want to add more but the deadline has passed..

UCAS website/track says I can add more choices as I haven't used all five but will the University even look at my application this late?! Don't know what to do!
For those of you that have had an interview for Exeter university, what was the interview process like? What kind of questions did they ask?
Original post by hodophilax
How long did it take for you to hear back from your interview? Have you had interviews elsewhere and have they been the same? Super nervous now!

i heard back about a 7-10 days later.. yes i've had interview at QMU & Herts and nothing similar at all ... actually quite the normal questions.. why radiography why here etc
Original post by strabane15
i heard back about a 7-10 days later.. yes i've had interview at QMU & Herts and nothing similar at all ... actually quite the normal questions.. why radiography why here etc

Thank you. I have 4 more interviews lined up at Sheffield, Leeds, BCU and Cumbria. Hopefully they actually ask pertinent questions so I can do a little preparation for them.
Reply 987
I applied the 8th haha I'm sure they havnt forgotten they're just taking their time
Original post by Lostox
I haven't heard from Leeds either, I applied on the 7th Dec. Feel like they've forgotten me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the interview process like at Cardiff anyone it's an mmi 😕
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hodophilax
Thank you. I have 4 more interviews lined up at Sheffield, Leeds, BCU and Cumbria. Hopefully they actually ask pertinent questions so I can do a little preparation for them.

best of luck.. hopefully i'll hear from some of the others soon
Did anyone do the interviews at city university? Can you please tell me what the interviews was like ?? What kind of questions?
I got my first condition offer from Portsmouth uni :smile: I was worried that I was going to be offered a different course which is what happened to my friend (she was offered human physiology) anyone else got an offer from Portsmouth?
Reply 992
Original post by itsadaxox
I got my first condition offer from Portsmouth uni :smile: I was worried that I was going to be offered a different course which is what happened to my friend (she was offered human physiology) anyone else got an offer from Portsmouth?

I was offered a cross course from them for human physiology I ws like wtf I applied for radiography u might hv as will told me to EF off sigh!!!
but I hv intervews at other places tho
Reply 993
Original post by katecatfish
Are there any current or previous students at Exeter who study this course who could answer me a question?

I know that you rotate placement sites every year, however am I right in thinking that for example, for year 1 placement you remain in that one hosiptal for the full 16 weeks or do you rotate around hospitals in that placement area? Also, is there a shuttle bus which runs between st Lukes and Streatham, if so how much does it noramally cost and what times does it normally start and run till?

Thank you very much! :smile:

don't know if you still need this answering but: yes you are right you do 16 weeks in one hospital in your first year, then go to a different one for 2nd year, then another for 3rd year. No shuttle bus but you can use the city buses to get from one campus to the other if you want to, a day rider on them is about £3.50...they start early and end pretty late.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by safee5
I was offered a cross course from them for human physiology I ws like wtf I applied for radiography u might hv as will told me to EF off sigh!!!
but I hv intervews at other places tho

That's awful. The same thing happened to my friend. I'm glad they offered me radiography because 3 other unis already rejected me, so Portsmouth is one of my last options.

Good luck with your other interviews :smile:
Reply 995

I have an offer from Portsmouth =)
I have an interview for BCU next week. Do you need to take your record of achievement folder with you, the one with certificates and also did the university ask about the work experience in the interviews???

I wonder what you did or say different to me.. As far as I know, I felt so confident after my interview with Portsmouth but they offered me Human Physiology instead of Radiography! :frown: Anyway, congratulations on your offer! Which other universities declined you?
Reply 998
That's awful. The same thing happened to my friend. I'm glad they offered me radiography because 3 other unis already rejected me, so Portsmouth is one of my last options.

Good luck with your other interviews :smile:

thanks good luck to you too and btw have you had any interviews I have my first one coming up at Bristol uwe and tips or kind of question they usually ask ??
Original post by safee5
thanks good luck to you too and btw have you had any interviews I have my first one coming up at Bristol uwe and tips or kind of question they usually ask ??

I've only had a interview at Portsmouth, but in general all unis ask the similar interview questions for radiography. For example why radiography?, why that chosen university, questions about work experience (what was the most enjoyable aspect of your work experience?). and current issues in the nhs and values. Also scenario questions are common, so make sure you look up on some. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest