The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniellee0
Did anyone else get rejected from Teesside and offered another subject?

Yes, my child last year, they got other offers though and they are now studying as a 1st year at one of the Russell Groups. Think Teesside offered them something irrelevant like Criminology, have seen others in the 2014 and 2015 thread too.

Seems to be their way, but IMO having supported my child through five very different interview processes, Teesside's seemed the least relevant to getting the right people on the course and I do wonder what their attrition rates are.

A lack of spatial awareness on a written test as a 17 year old has had no baring on their ability to take really good pelvic X-rays, get 72% on their first essay or them being acknowledged for having excellent patient skills.

Shame, because we really liked Teesside. Good luck Danielle, I am sure you will do well elsewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nlmd1997
did you put 'University or college' for all three terms when it asks where we will be most of the time? (student finance) thankyou!

I put university for all three of them. I'm going to check with BCU to see if this is correct.
Original post by nlmd1997
did you put 'University or college' for all three terms when it asks where we will be most of the time? (student finance) thankyou!

I think it depends on what university you go to. some do blocks so for example terms 1 and 2 are at uni and then term 3 is placement, so for that id guess you put work placement as where you spend most of your time in term 3. i'm not sure if you have a mix of placemet and academic in each term :smile:
Original post by katecatfish
I think it depends on what university you go to. some do blocks so for example terms 1 and 2 are at uni and then term 3 is placement, so for that id guess you put work placement as where you spend most of your time in term 3. i'm not sure if you have a mix of placemet and academic in each term :smile:

thankyou thats what i was thinking! I've put work placement and it asks a bunch of questions about where i will doing my placement, even though its more than one hospital over the 3 year :L
Reply 1584
Anyone heard from St George? I haven't heard from them for an interview or to know if my application has been rejected :s-smilie:
Anyone got an offer from London Southbank?? I had my interview a month ago and still haven't heard anything...
Anyone heard anything from Canterbury CC yet???
Original post by Tima96
Does anyone have an interview with Bradford on Friday?
Yes I did, how did you find it?
Original post by n.s.k98
Anyone got an offer from London Southbank?? I had my interview a month ago and still haven't heard anything...

I had mine two weeks ago and also haven't heard anything. They said they aim to let you know within a week regardless of the outcome.. But clearly not haha. Let me know if you hear anything :smile:
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
Yes, my child last year, they got other offers though and they are now studying as a 1st year at one of the Russell Groups. Think Teesside offered them something irrelevant like Criminology, have seen others in the 2014 and 2015 thread too.

Seems to be their way, but IMO having supported my child through five very different interview processes, Teesside's seemed the least relevant to getting the right people on the course and I do wonder what their attrition rates are.

A lack of spatial awareness on a written test as a 17 year old has had no baring on their ability to take really good pelvic X-rays, get 72% on their first essay or them being acknowledged for having excellent patient skills.

Shame, because we really liked Teesside. Good luck Danielle, I am sure you will do well elsewhere.

The irrelevant offers are usually down to the other schools. Often when one school rejects a candidate that they think is very capable they open their applications to other schools and they are then able to make offers. It's seems daft but I suppose it's the hope of getting more bums on seats for undersubscribed courses.

With regards to their process, I thought the interview and testing process worked quite well and found the interview questions to be relevant. Teesside have such a small cohort compared to other unis they have a hard time cutting their applicants down. It's harder on candidates but better in the long run as I believe their attrition rates are quite low.
Original post by dassiwolf
when was your interview for leeds?

Feb 5th
Original post by kcoulter
Feb 5th

Did u recently get the offer?
Who maybe going through clearing?
Original post by dassiwolf
Did u recently get the offer?

Got the offer on 29th feb so around 3 weeks
Original post by mightyduck999
Id be lucky if i get enough to cover my rent haha -.- although Im able to get a transfer from ym current job to a store up near the uni so id have that atleast.. aha

It is annoying :frown: yeah i guess so I'm just worried about how its all going to work with the work placements but I guess we will find out in September
For leeds university, do you have to get your clinical visit form signed by the hospital you attended?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I have a question about student finance.

Can we get a higher maintenance loan even though we are NHS students if our household income is low?

I've submitted my SF application, all my friends who aren't doing NHS funded courses have been given the option for a higher maintenance loan which is means tested whereas I've only been given the option for a maintenance loan that does not depend on household income. They said I can have upto £3263 when I was submitting my application.

Like I said, my household income is really low and the university I want to go to is in central London. According to the SF calculator I can get up to £10208 and the NHS bursary on top of that but when I completed my application I could only get £3263???

With my NHS bursary and loan I'll be able to get up to £8500 in total. My accommodation is £7500 alone! So I'll basically have £1000 to live off in central London each year? That will definitely not be enough!

My first accommodation rent instalment is £2300 so I won't be able to pay it and if by some miricale I can, I won't have any money to live off until the next NHS bursary comes through (November).

Also, it won't let me link my parents accounts to mine because apparently it doesn't need any more financial information.

Is this the same for all of you as well?

I'm not sure what to do because I really want to go to this university...
Original post by Hevonly
Yes I did, how did you find it?

Thought it went okay, first one as well.
The group task was good but the few people during the interviews. Kept asking why.

Do you think you'll get in?
Original post by Alltxmelow
Hey!

I have a question about student finance.

Can we get a higher maintenance loan even though we are NHS students if our household income is low?

I've submitted my SF application, all my friends who aren't doing NHS funded courses have been given the option for a higher maintenance loan which is means tested whereas I've only been given the option for a maintenance loan that does not depend on household income. They said I can have upto £3263 when I was submitting my application.

Like I said, my household income is really low and the university I want to go to is in central London. According to the SF calculator I can get up to £10208 and the NHS bursary on top of that but when I completed my application I could only get £3263???

With my NHS bursary and loan I'll be able to get up to £8500 in total. My accommodation is £7500 alone! So I'll basically have £1000 to live off in central London each year? That will definitely not be enough!

My first accommodation rent instalment is £2300 so I won't be able to pay it and if by some miricale I can, I won't have any money to live off until the next NHS bursary comes through (November).

Also, it won't let me link my parents accounts to mine because apparently it doesn't need any more financial information.

Is this the same for all of you as well?

I'm not sure what to do because I really want to go to this university...

The studnt finance calculator doesnt account for the NHS students -.- as i also wondered this, unfortunately if you get the NHS bursary then student finance will only give you a non means tested load of 2,324 (outside london) or 3,263 (inside london)
Original post by shellsbells04
It is annoying :frown: yeah i guess so I'm just worried about how its all going to work with the work placements but I guess we will find out in September

Im almost certain theyll only give us normal day shifts in the first year, we're probably all over reacting and itll most likely be fine haha

Quick Reply

Latest