The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beedot.
I know, it has been hard work! I spoke to someone who's on the same course as me and they were given the same feedback as you! I know how you feel as this is the second time i have applied for this course and i even got offers last year! But due to someone giving me some wrong information about my a-levels i was unable to complete my third a-level which led to me withdrawing from all offers and bradford uni had told me to do the access course and apply again this year. It's so good that you have an unconditional offer from liverpool though! They rejected me as they felt i didn't display enough knowledge about the role of a radiographer in my personal statement. However i do have an interview at bcu. So hoping that goes well!

oh no that sounds like you've been on a rollercoaster to radiography. But it sounds like you are driven and passionate about radiography! I hope your interview at BCU goes well, you definitely deserve a place!! x
Does anyone know if you can change courses after the first year? I was rejected for radiography but offered human biology instead, so would I be able to change after the first year?
Original post by weevilspongebob
Hi guys i needhelp... i got a conditional offer-300 UCAS Points from Uni of Hertfordshire but my parents are telling me to reject theoffer and apply for Operating depattment practise at BCU Or go through clearing for radiography ecause they dont want me moving out. I was dead set on Derby but they rejected me after the interviee and so did bcu because of my grades. What do i do because this is the 3rd yr applying for radiog and i need this so bad. I am awaiting feedbwck from derby. Btw i dont meet any of entry requirements so herts and derby must hqve seen potrntial, mind my spelling i cba

Entirely up to you, if I was you I'd take it, however I don't think you should make your decision based on the fact your parents don't want you moving out, you'll have to move out eventually, if it's because they depend on you financially then that's a different matter. If this is your last chance do you really want to look back in 5-10 years time wishing you took the opportunity?
Reply 1783
Did anyone on here have an interview at Leeds on the 10th or 11th of March & heard anything back yet? Either a rejection or a place?
Original post by mightyduck999
Entirely up to you, if I was you I'd take it, however I don't think you should make your decision based on the fact your parents don't want you moving out, you'll have to move out eventually, if it's because they depend on you financially then that's a different matter. If this is your last chance do you really want to look back in 5-10 years time wishing you took the opportunity?

The thing is this is my third time applying for radiog plus im resitting A2 to boost my grades because my Bio is quite low. There is no way on Earth they r gonna let me move out so I have kind of accepted defeat but I haven't rejected the offer as of yet. Gonna try and fight for it. I am so committed and have my heart set on this course even tho they want me to do operating department practise at bcu because its closer. Ugh.
Hi guys i needhelp... i got a conditional offer-300 UCAS Points from Uni of Hertfordshire but my parents are telling me to reject theoffer and apply for Operating depattment practise at BCU Or go through clearing for radiography ecause they dont want me moving out. I was dead set on Derby but they rejected me after the interviee and so did bcu because of my grades. What do i do because this is the 3rd yr applying for radiog and i need this so bad. I am awaiting feedbwck from derby. Btw i dont meet any of entry requirements so herts and derby must hqve seen potrntial, mind my spelling i cba

Congratulations on getting your offer!

Gosh I feel for you. My child started radiography as a first year this time and I have to admit I found it hard and had reservations, simply due to their lack of street wise-ness and their naivety. But they have flown and grown! we talk every day, they are now completely independent and a joy. You are an adult and you can leave, they can't stop you, but I understand if it is cultural that they don't want you to live away from home.

Last year there were very few clearing places for radiography and I am pretty sure none at Derby, in the north there were Bradford, Salford, Sheffield Hallam and Cumbria I think, not sure about those in the south so even through clearing you would likely have to move out.

Whose to say you would get an offer for ODP anyway, you could be missing your chance. Is there no room for negotiation with your parents, such as taking single sex accommodation, checking in with them everyday, letting them visit etc.?

I wish you the best of luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1786
The thing is this is my third time applying for radiog plus im resitting A2 to boost my grades because my Bio is quite low. There is no way on Earth they r gonna let me move out so I have kind of accepted defeat but I haven't rejected the offer as of yet. Gonna try and fight for it. I am so committed and have my heart set on this course even tho they want me to do operating department practise at bcu because its closer. Ugh.

Hi there, i am really sorry if you think im being rude however it is your life and not your parents, all they can do is advise you what they think but ultimately it is up to you what decisions you make along the way. You need to follow your gut instinct because you will never forgive yourself. There is no point in doing a degree your heart is not in 100%. I hope your situation becomes easier and your parents can support you in what you ever it is you decide.

Something else you need to bare in mind is that if you reject Herts and go through clearing you might not get in.. And Herts is a really good one too. If you re apply next year the course will no longer be government funded so you will be paying £9000 as well as starting a year later then when you want too.
Original post by b5168
Exeter I think - but the offer is AAB :s-smilie: Yeah i'll just wait and see but as you said, not the end of the world if they reject me!

heyy I've heard back from Leeds and I've got an interview on the 6th of April :biggrin: have you heard anything back yet? :smile: x
What's happening with the NHS funded course next year? How will everyone plan on paying fees? Will the NHS grant still be available?
Original post by moe889
What's happening with the NHS funded course next year? How will everyone plan on paying fees? Will the NHS grant still be available?

We will have to take out a student loan as the grant will not be available from 2017. I'm praying that this will be reversed as in Scotland and Wales, the NHS grant will still be available!! The Diagnostic Radiography courses I looked at in universities in Scotland and Wales are 4 years long!!

Just out of interest, do you mind me asking how old your are and what your parents know about odp and radiography?
Original post by pisces48
We will have to take out a student loan as the grant will not be available from 2017. I'm praying that this will be reversed as in Scotland and Wales, the NHS grant will still be available!! The Diagnostic Radiography courses I looked at in universities in Scotland and Wales are 4 years long!!

I thought I read somewhere that 2016 undergraduates would have the full three years paid for? Funding stops in 2017, so if you're already on the course in 2017 you're covered, but anyone applying for Sept 2017 start date would have no funding?

I'm not 100% sure though. Does anyone know what the deal is?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1793
Yep that's true, if you start this year it is honoured for the full 3 years. If u start in 2017 you have to pay full fees
Original post by iioii
Yep that's true, if you start this year it is honoured for the full 3 years. If u start in 2017 you have to pay full fees

So what kind of grants can we apply for to help us because I'm sure this will stop any students who want to work for the NHS from doing the course which will lower the NHS staff. So are there any sort of solutions for this?
Anyone heard back from Leeds after their interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsL123
Has anyone heard from UWE Bristol yet after their interview? And if not, does anyone know when they will give out their decisions? I've been waiting for so long now!

Hey I had interview in Uwe in mid Feb and got an offer about 2 weeks ago
On the day they said if hear back within 6 weeks so you've still time yet :smile:
Hey I had my interview 27th Feb rgu is definetly now my 1st choice wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by Berlina
I had an interview with them last week and still waiting for their response. When did you have your interview?
Original post by kerriew
Hey I had interview in Uwe in mid Feb and got an offer about 2 weeks ago
On the day they said if hear back within 6 weeks so you've still time yet :smile:

Hiya ive interview now on 7th april how yoy find it
Original post by shellsbells04
Has anyone got through their student finance form saying they've been approved? I have, and its saying that the maintenance loan that I've been approved for is bigger than that £2324 figure that it said when we were applying?
I'm not eligible for anything other than the maintenance loan and it is non means tested.

So you're getting more than the stated amount from student finance for your maintenance loan that isn't means tested?

I applied and could only get £3263? I haven't completed my NHS bursary application or sent off my paper work but when I do will the maintenance loan increase? I don't know how I'll be able to afford to live in central London otherwise :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest