The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language May 2015 (0522) Marks needed for a C Grade?

Scroll to see replies

I've got a C+ in my coursework. I was told by my English teacher I need 22/50 to get a grade C for the exam paper. Do u know what grade and marks I've got for speaking and listening
Original post by SlyDrHeist
I know that, but I'm thinking what it could be for an A*?

Aw may you please tell me what it is for an A?
Probably 35 to get an A*.
Can you tell what grade and how many marks I've got for speaking and listening because I was told by my teacher that I need to get 22/50 to get a C grade for the exam. For the coursework, my grade is C+
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sean-balogun99
Probably 35 to get an A*.

Out of 50!? I'm shocked that's great if it's that ridiculously lol
Yh. Can you tell me what grade and marks I have do you think I've got for speaking and listening because my English teacher didn't told me the results for speaking and listening
Yh. Can you tell me what grade and marks I have do you think I've got for speaking and listening because my English teacher didn't told me the results for speaking and listening

Possibly, 21/30
Original post by SlyDrHeist
Possibly, 21/30

How do you calculate the overall marks for Igcse English
How do you calculate the overall marks for Igcse English

Dunno, I just got given my coursework & speaking and listening marks and grade boundaries for a C,B and A
Hi everyone - if this helps I got an A* with the following marks:

COURSEWORK: 46/50
SPEAKING & LISTENING: 28/30
EXAM: 41/50

Overall: 115/130
A*.
Original post by Mattymooy
Hi everyone - if this helps I got an A* with the following marks:

COURSEWORK: 46/50
SPEAKING & LISTENING: 28/30
EXAM: 41/50

Overall: 115/130
A*.

Hi what would you presume the least you will need for an A overall
:smile:?
You got 4 more marks than me in coursework
4 more marks than me in speaking and listening
And I'm doing the exam on Wednesday so how many marks should I try and secure in the exam to get an A
thanks in advance 😁
95 overall is what you wanna be aiming for for an A
105 for A*
95 overall is what you wanna be aiming for for an A
105 for A*

Out of 130 I presume?
SlyDrHeist, how many marks do you have to get a C grade overall?
Mattymoory, how many total marks do you have to get for an overall C grade for Igcse english
In June it was:

76 - C
86 - B
96 - A
106 - A*

This is for students doing Coursework, Speaking & Listening and then Higher Tier exam.

Also remember every year the grade boundaries vary depending on the difficulty of the exam, in comparison, with other years. Nevertheless, they are always a good tool at estimating how many marks you need to get to achieve a certain grade.
In June it was:

76 - C
86 - B
96 - A
106 - A*

This is for students doing Coursework, Speaking & Listening and then Higher Tier exam.

Also remember every year the grade boundaries vary depending on the difficulty of the exam, in comparison, with other years. Nevertheless, they are always a good tool at estimating how many marks you need to get to achieve a certain grade.

Is it out of 130 or 125?
Out of 125.
In my coursework, I've got 34/50, speaking and listening 17/30. Do you know how many marks to get a c overall for the exam. Be truthful
In June, if you did the higher exam, you needed a total of 76 throughout the 3 components.

34+17=51

76-51= 25 - you need in the higher exam to get a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending