The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Ever met an American who says they're american? I've met 2, out of several hundred.
'Oh, I have Scottish roots','My family is Irish you see','My name's English, we're from Malham you see..'.
Strange lot.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
i say mam too :biggrin:
Reply 182
arkbar
Ever met an American who says they're american? I've met 2, out of several hundred.
'Oh, I have Scottish roots','My family is Irish you see','My name's English, we're from Malham you see..'.
Strange lot.

Yep! But they're from everywhere!!! A guy I knew said his roots were Norwegian, and there was a girl "from France" (her surname was French), numerous Irish, I think one or two British people, German, and so on!

It's crazy! :rolleyes:

And well done Blueribbon :biggrin:
haha thanks i think i was having a special moment when i posted that :smile:
Reply 184
Anyone else going to Hatfield 19-20th?? :smile:
Are we meant to hear anything in the post or by email about the open day on 20th/21st? Like details, time of arrival etc.

I am a bit cofuzzled at the moment.
Reply 186
hi,anybodi have a rough idea how many people stay the night before? (i'll be going to collingwood on 20/21st) and do you get to meet other prospective students that have applied for other courses? :confused:
Arrghh, the direct train I need to book tickets for has disappeared from the timetable... D:!! I don't want to change 4 times!

Edit: No, wait, I found it :p: It wasn't there with all the other options, but it did come up when I searched for direct trains only. :rolleyes:
Reply 188
wohoo gonna b great fun in 2 weeks :biggrin:
trains, I missed the cheap £10 fare because my college took so long to reply to a request for some info that I needed before I could book. Durham don't exactly seem very bothered about the impression they give to prospective students
happymonday
trains, I missed the cheap £10 fare because my college took so long to reply to a request for some info that I needed before I could book. Durham don't exactly seem very bothered about the impression they give to prospective students

Yes, so unbothered that they organise two-day university-wide open days with both the college and department... they really mustn't give a damn about making an impression :rolleyes:.
Reply 191
I'm driving up to Durham for the open day. Parking at my brother's house there so that won't be a problem but I was wondering if I will miss out on any important info because I'm not going by train, for example, like how to get to the college (Hild Bede) or where to go when I get there :s-smilie:
Reply 192
im goin to hild bede too...its not too difficult to find!
Reply 193
happymonday

How did you contact them? Via e-mail? If so then that's foolish - e-mails can be forgotten about, if you really needed important info then you should have called the college and I'm sure they would have given you it straight away.

Anyway, was it so important that you couldn't have booked the £10 ticket, probably being decently sure that you would be going? It's only £10 :rolleyes:
Anyone else St Johns 19/20th?
Van Mildert 19th/20th anyone?
Reply 196
Oooh, it's a week today *boingy*
Getoverture
Van Mildert 19th/20th anyone?

Grr, everyone's going on the 19th/20th!!!

I'll be there on the 20th/21st... ANYONE else?
See you there danny. I may not be VM but Ill have to do
Ive not recieved a confirmation letter - does this vary from college to college?
Reply 199
eek 20/21st here! cant wait haven't gotten to see durham yet so hope its as nice as ive heard, when do unis break up 4 easter? cos i might see if i can meet up with some ppl there

Latest