The Student Room Group

What Uni's should I apply to for Law?

At AS level i got AAA and I am predicted to achieve this next year also.
However at GCSE's I under performed at got an A, 4 B's, a few C's and a D.
I really want to study Law at the best Uni I can, but I don't know where i will be able to get in with these grades. I really wanted to go to Oxford / Bristol / York / sheffield but I don't think my grades are good enough, especially not for Oxford, even though I do meet the requirements for all of them. It would be great if anyone who knows places where I stand a chance of getting in, could help!
With AAA you meet the requirements of all your options. Oxford is a bit of a special case: only 48% of these meeting the standard requirements are interviewed and, overall, 15% are successful.

It is simply impossible to speculate on how you will perform in the interview (which is pretty much a test) but you certainly stand a chance. York has an interview system too. Bristol is very competitive too but if you achieve your predicted results you are likely to be successful in at least one of your favourite Universities.

In terms of strategy I think it would be good to have one safe option -- just in case -- but I graduated a long time ago so other members of this forum will probably be in a better position to share their own experience.
Reply 2
Don't underestimate yourself! Go for it - but keep a safe insurance choice too! I was in the same situation last year, after visiting a few uni's, I really liked Reading and Surrey too - their grade requirements are slightly lower :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending