The Student Room Group

Do courses consider English Lit. for the requirement in the course?

Hello all,

Just received my GCSE results today and most of them are acceptable, but I have a couple of doubts/questions.

For my A-Levels I want to do the following Subjects (and their requirements):

Maths - B in GCSE Maths
Physics - B in GCSE Physics and Maths
Computing - B in GCSE English and Maths
Psychology - B in GCSE English and Biology

So my results (that are relevant) are:
Maths - B
Physics - B
Biology - C
English Lang. - C
English Lit. - B

I wanted to ask which English grade is required when applying for an A-Level which asks for simply a Grade B in 'English'?

Both my English lang. and Biology weren't too far off a B, and i've heard from sixth-form teachers at my school that exceptions for grades to students were made on several occasions, in the sense that students with C's in Biology or English were able to get into the Psych. course? I've written to the sixth form's e-mail asking about the requirements and their exception - do you think they'll let me in?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hi there. I've moved this to the English forum now- so you should get more replies here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending