The Student Room Group

Failed my GCSE's I need help!!!!!

I got 2 C's 5 D's 2 E's and an F and I wanted to do psychology, economics,maths and chartered management but I needed to get a B in maths and a B in English language but I ended up getting D's for both of them,and the requirement to get into my school is 5 B's and I also want to become an accountant. What would you advise me to do in order to still carry on studying towards accountancy?
Reply 1
Hey! One of my friends wanted to do Accounting, that was in college rather than sixth form. It sounds like you are shocked you got them grades so if I was you look are your marks and see how far away you were for a C. I also heard there has been a mess up with English GCSE so if i was you push towards a remark! And if you do get your C then try and do Accounting in College maybe as I know in Lincoln you need a C to get onto it. If that doesn't sound like something you want to do then I guess you are going to have to re sit:frown:

Anyway good luck with whatever you do next year :smile:
Original post by naylohar
Hey! One of my friends wanted to do Accounting, that was in college rather than sixth form. It sounds like you are shocked you got them grades so if I was you look are your marks and see how far away you were for a C. I also heard there has been a mess up with English GCSE so if i was you push towards a remark! And if you do get your C then try and do Accounting in College maybe as I know in Lincoln you need a C to get onto it. If that doesn't sound like something you want to do then I guess you are going to have to re sit:frown:

Anyway good luck with whatever you do next year :smile:

Please do enlighten me with mess up with English GCSE I received a B in Lit and I was very surprised in a bad way?
Reply 3
Original post by DaringDaniel
Please do enlighten me with mess up with English GCSE I received a B in Lit and I was very surprised in a bad way?

me to, i was certin that I was getting a D in eng lit and ended up getting a B somehow
Original post by am99
me to, i was certin that I was getting a D in eng lit and ended up getting a B somehow

What exam board? I'm quite shocked that me and my brother got a B in Lit considering in mock he got a D and I got an High A. In his own words I'm terrible at English.
Reply 5
What exam board? I'm quite shocked that me and my brother got a B in Lit considering in mock he got a D and I got an High A.

AQA yeah a lot of people were quite shocked most people got higher then they expected
Original post by am99
AQA yeah a lot of people were quite shocked most people got higher then they expected

Exact opposite for me! also I'm with AQA not at all pleased I want my script returned so my teacher can evaluate it.
Reply 7
Exact opposite for me! also I'm with AQA not at all pleased I want my script returned so my teacher can evaluate it.

I have heard that apprently they were not finished with the marking of the papers so had to rush it so maybe your schools paper were rushed, did you get it remarked?
Original post by am99
I have heard that apprently they were not finished with the marking of the papers so had to rush it so maybe your schools paper were rushed, did you get it remarked?

I'm 16 UMS off A this may sound like a lot it's circa 10 raw marks I await scripts for the correct plan of action I'll only remark with my teachers go ahead.
Reply 9
I checked my results and I was a few marks off 3 more C's to get me 5 C's so if I get my exam remarked then i'm confident I can get the C's and try and get into my school because my school said because I was the first person out of anyone to go back next day and tell them my results there is a possibility that I could stay in the school but its not definite and i'm not too sure whether i'll be allowed to do the subjects that I have chosen if I can then, that would be really great but i'm going in on Tuesday to talk to someone in my school and they will tell me whether I am allowed to still stay or not.
You need to be smart to be an accountant, so maybe that should be your 1st step.
Reply 11
I am intelligent its just my revision started late but if I started earlier I would have done well.
Reply 12

Apparently some papers were 'rushed' and therefore not marked properly, i know this is AQA. But please do take note of the work apparently because it might not be true! Same with A level papers, some were not marked correctly. Congrats on the B thats ace btw!

I am in the same situation as you, so you are not alone, I am shocked and disappointed. Any advice as to what I can do ?

Quick Reply

Latest