The Student Room Group

How to Request a Remark - OCR

Hey,

I did a GCSE in June in classical civilisation when I was in year 9 (this June) and I ended up with a C. To be fair, I was going through very serious family problems at the time and I also had my end of year exams. But obviously exam boards don't take this as an excuse.

So I was wondering, how could I issue a remark? And when do I issue it? When I start school in September or? Also, apparently there is a fee for this. How much would it be?

Thanks
Reply 1
its is £20 for each paper to be remarked
to be honest your school sound organised
my exam invigilator was there on results day and after results day to deal with remarks and queries of peoples exam results

it too late now unfortunately
you are going to have to wait till the school re opens in september and speak to your exam adivisor/admin

p.s the school normally pay for your resit if you were a few marks from a grade
i got my biology paper remarked as i was 2UMS from a B
Reply 2
Original post by iss123
its is £20 for each paper to be remarked
to be honest your school sound organised
my exam invigilator was there on results day and after results day to deal with remarks and queries of peoples exam results

it too late now unfortunately
you are going to have to wait till the school re opens in september and speak to your exam adivisor/admin

p.s the school normally pay for your resit if you were a few marks from a grade
i got my biology paper remarked as i was 2UMS from a B

Update: I found out this morning that I was 1 UMS away from a B in my exams and I'm internally panicking that they won't let me issue a remark as it might be too late in September. If I had known this on results day I would've asked for a remark form. I don't know what to do. Would I even be allowed to get it remarked now?
Original post by Pandora___
Update: I found out this morning that I was 1 UMS away from a B in my exams and I'm internally panicking that they won't let me issue a remark as it might be too late in September. If I had known this on results day I would've asked for a remark form. I don't know what to do. Would I even be allowed to get it remarked now?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16452-post-results-which-service-do-you-need-.pdf

Your school has until 20th September to ask for a remark. It is organised through the exams officer so go and speak to him/her when you get back to school.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16452-post-results-which-service-do-you-need-.pdf

Your school has until 20th September to ask for a remark. It is organised through the exams officer so go and speak to him/her when you get back to school.

Thank you very much for letting me know.
Reply 5
Original post by Pandora___

first of all dont panic
remarks are a long process and therefore wouldn't hinder the the results on your paper when showing them to your college
whatever is on your paper you will have to accept and show to the college

however all is not lost
i got a B in maths and was still accepted into maths with stats
and i got a bcc in science and am now doing medical science which will enable me to study top science degrees at top unis (even Cambridge)
and i met the requirements already to do accounting

i suggest that you dont panic and just go to your high school when they re open and just en-quire about remarking
most colleges do re enrollment after january as that is when people get results for their resits.

wish you all the best for your future
Reply 6
Original post by iss123
first of all dont panic
remarks are a long process and therefore wouldn't hinder the the results on your paper when showing them to your college
whatever is on your paper you will have to accept and show to the college

however all is not lost
i got a B in maths and was still accepted into maths with stats
and i got a bcc in science and am now doing medical science which will enable me to study top science degrees at top unis (even Cambridge)
and i met the requirements already to do accounting

i suggest that you dont panic and just go to your high school when they re open and just en-quire about remarking
most colleges do re enrollment after january as that is when people get results for their resits.

wish you all the best for your future

Thank you very, very much for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest