The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Question and Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jonhanny
Hello, I want to do a law degree , likely at Lancaster, but I am not keen on training for years on end after university to do the LPC to become a solicitor, or a lawyer or barrister, especially if the training is unpaid.I am much more interested in getting a graduate job of some kind.Given this is it stupid to study law, as my impression is that there are less graduate jobs for law degrees relative to others, as the expectation is that students further their studies trying to complete the LPC, and then become lawyers, solicitors ext....

Hi @Jonhanny,

I am not studying law at Lancaster so I cannot give you any specifics. I will do some digging with the ambassador team to see if I can get anyone with some experience or any information in general for you. For now I'll send you this link to the Law Careers website to see if there is anything of use there.

In terms of more general advise, I would always go for a degree that is of highest interest to you. In my eyes, university is about finding something you are passionate about, in a way you couldn't in earlier education. So, I would never say it's a "stupid" idea to study law or whatever you are interested in, especially if there is a career at the end you really want to do. It will also make the process much more enjoyable, every subject has a few bits you will find tough to get through, but it would be a lot harder if you didn't want to do the subject itself and were only doing it for the career at the end - not that I think that this is your situation.

Hope this is helpful.
Jake (Third year at Lancaster University)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Jonhanny
Hello, I want to do a law degree , likely at Lancaster, but I am not keen on training for years on end after university to do the LPC to become a solicitor, or a lawyer or barrister, especially if the training is unpaid.I am much more interested in getting a graduate job of some kind.Given this is it stupid to study law, as my impression is that there are less graduate jobs for law degrees relative to others, as the expectation is that students further their studies trying to complete the LPC, and then become lawyers, solicitors ext....

Hi again @Jonhanny,

Regarding more specific answers to your query, I would recommend either contacting a student ambassador directly on Unibuddy or contacting the law department directly at [email protected].

Hope this helps.
Jake
Original post by Lancaster University
Hi again @Jonhanny,

Regarding more specific answers to your query, I would recommend either contacting a student ambassador directly on Unibuddy or contacting the law department directly at [email protected].

Hope this helps.
Jake

Thanks will do
Hi @Jonhanny,

I am not studying law at Lancaster so I cannot give you any specifics. I will do some digging with the ambassador team to see if I can get anyone with some experience or any information in general for you. For now I'll send you this link to the Law Careers website to see if there is anything of use there.

In terms of more general advise, I would always go for a degree that is of highest interest to you. In my eyes, university is about finding something you are passionate about, in a way you couldn't in earlier education. So, I would never say it's a "stupid" idea to study law or whatever you are interested in, especially if there is a career at the end you really want to do. It will also make the process much more enjoyable, every subject has a few bits you will find tough to get through, but it would be a lot harder if you didn't want to do the subject itself and were only doing it for the career at the end - not that I think that this is your situation.

Hope this is helpful.
Jake (Third year at Lancaster University)

Thanks that actually quite reassuring, although I will try to find out more about Law degree grad jobs before i commit to it
Hi Emily,

I can confirm that there is no interview process for modern languages at Lancaster.
Good luck with your application

Sam
4th Year Mechanical Engineering

Thank you :smile:
Hey guys, I'm an international student starting med at Lancaster this year and my long distance boyfriend wants to come visit me before Christmas around the 8th to the 20th December. He wants to book the tickets in advance because it's cheaper. My michaelmas term ends on 16 December. But does anyone know if first years have exams during the dates of 8th Dec to 20th Dec-- towards the end of the Michaelmas term?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending