The Student Room Group

Giving a reason to leave a job to your manager

I'm planning to leave my current job; I like the job but I dislike the management, but obviously I can't actually say the latter to the manager (burning bridges and all). I'm leaving a bit early as well instead of the normal 2-weeks notice period so she might want to know my reasons for leaving early as well.

I want to be as civil as possible but at the same time, I really don't want to give too much information on why I'm leaving; she has the habit of asking too many personal questions. And, she likes to spread the news to other employees through gossips and such.
family issue

education

health issues

take your pick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25
I'm planning to leave my current job; I like the job but I dislike the management, but obviously I can't actually say the latter to the manager (burning bridges and all). I'm leaving a bit early as well instead of the normal 2-weeks notice period so she might want to know my reasons for leaving early as well.

I want to be as civil as possible but at the same time, I really don't want to give too much information on why I'm leaving; she has the habit of asking too many personal questions. And, she likes to spread the news to other employees through gossips and such.

Do you have another job to go to?
If so, then just say you have been offered another job. And its better money/hours etc etc.
If you dont have another job to go to, just say you are leaving to focus more on your studies or something.
You dont have to go into too much detail if asked, just tell them the reasons mentioned above and leave it at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending