The Student Room Group

My friend hates uni?

My best friend left to go to uni today and I think it's her first time away from all her family, anyway I've spoken to her and she says she really doesn't like it and regrets going so far away, and feels like she's being judged! I really miss her and I'm trying to be as positive as possible but she seems so down and I don't know what to do that would cheer her up, has anyone got any advice or tips to create a more optimistic mindset because I would hate for her to give up because of homesickness!
Which uni?
Reply 2
Original post by hihihihihi
Which uni?

leeds met
Tell her first 48 hours are the worst, then it begins, slowly, to get better.

But best thing to say (I reckon) is that feeling lonely is completely normal :yep: and, no, of course, she won't give up but will grow to know it as her new normal.

And if she doesn't stick it out, she will regret it later :sad:, so she should go out and
accept that everybody's life changes whether you want it to or not.
And, having given it a go, she might really really really have the time of her life
:elefant::dancing2::bl::beer:
Reply 4
I'd rather not say which uni she is going but it's quite lovely and is not too big in a way that would make it overwhelming. Thank you for your advice dancing sloth, I'll be sure to tell her that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending