The Student Room Group

AS Cie and A2 Edexcel

I have done my AS as Cambridge board which is CIE and my result was very bad and now i changed my school where they will teach me A2 of edexcel, so will i get the A level certificate?
Reply 1
Sadly no, CIE is an international exam board, therefore results cannot be converted to domestic boards like Edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Nope
Reply 3
Original post by mnk179
Sadly no, CIE is an international exam board, therefore results cannot be converted to domestic boards like Edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if i do A2 in edexcel so will i get the whole A level certificate or only A2?
Reply 4
Original post by Xlxl23
Nope

So if i do A2 in edexcel so will i get the whole A level certificate or only A2?
Original post by Adnan_Jamali
I have done my AS as Cambridge board which is CIE and my result was very bad and now i changed my school where they will teach me A2 of edexcel, so will i get the A level certificate?

A2 is not a standalone qualification so unless the CIE AS can be combined with the edexcel A2 you would get nothing from doing the A2.

I know edexcel have approved students taking their further maths qualification after completing the CIE full A level. I don't know if they'll let you transfer your CIE AS credit towards completing the edexcel international A level in maths. Talk to the exams office at your new school and ask them to contact edexcel if they need to clarify. You may have to take the edexcel AS exams as well which may be a good thing anyway if your results were not good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
A2 is not a standalone qualification so unless the CIE AS can be combined with the edexcel A2 you would get nothing from doing the A2.

I know edexcel have approved students taking their further maths qualification after completing the CIE full A level. I don't know if they'll let you transfer your CIE AS credit towards completing the edexcel international A level in maths. Talk to the exams office at your new school and ask them to contact edexcel if they need to clarify. You may have to take the edexcel AS exams as well which may be a good thing anyway if your results were not good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So this means doing edexcel A2 is useless?

It means
it MIGHT be useless, IF you can't combine the CIE AS with the edexcel A2 results it would be useless on its own.
the rules and processes for international A levels are not always the same as those for UK A levels.
I don't think you can but you need to get clarification from whoever in your school administers your exams entries.

I can't believe the school would suggest it if they didn't know for sure that it was allowed. BUT!! I have seen so many posts from international students that show their schools don't understand the A level rules that I think you ought to check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8

You can't combine CIE AS and Edexcel A2. However, the content may not be that different so you could potentially study the Edexcel A2 course and then take the Edexcel AS and A2 exams at the end of the year in order to complete a full A level.
Reply 9
Umm,Edexcel is an international board.
Original post by Nuhan33
Umm,Edexcel is an international board.

Umm this was posted 5 years ago and Edexcel does both UK and International

Quick Reply

Latest