The Student Room Group

How to stop getting periods permanently?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A lady
Gender confuses me.
And thanks! Will do. :smile:

Well, I dress quite casually, like vintage and perhaps more masculine, so lots of flannels.

You're totally welcome. Gender confuses a lot of people, try not to worry too much. Whatever you're feeling, or not feeling, there's other people who feel just the same.

Whenever you want to talk :smile:

Also Hi5 for flannel
Original post by A lady
P.S It's not like I could randomly get pregnant, as I'm VERYYYYY gay.

Thats what I thought xo

We can go get the implant together, then adopt a baby :h:
Original post by A lady
P.S It's not like I could randomly get pregnant, as I'm VERYYYYY gay.

Couldn't rep but wanted to ahahaha :rofl:
*sighs* if only this was possible....:moon:
Reply 64
Original post by driftawaay
Yes, she could still have kids, there is a thing called adoption. You are the one with mental problems who needs to 'get better'.

Okay m8 :adore:
Original post by A lady
Is there a way to stop getting periods permanently?
On the NHS I might add.

Sorry f someone has already said this but there is a contraceptive pill which stops them. Idk the name but I took it when my implant gave me periods none stop. I also have a friend whose sister takes it :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
You're totally welcome. Gender confuses a lot of people, try not to worry too much. Whatever you're feeling, or not feeling, there's other people who feel just the same.

Whenever you want to talk :smile:

Also Hi5 for flannel

That's true.

LOL! Flannel awesomeness!
Reply 67
Thats what I thought xo

We can go get the implant together, then adopt a baby :h:

Sure!

Spoiler

Reply 68
Original post by Hevachan
Sorry f someone has already said this but there is a contraceptive pill which stops them. Idk the name but I took it when my implant gave me periods none stop. I also have a friend whose sister takes it :smile:

"The pill" doesn't work for me. :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 69
Option 1: Death, has it's downsides; namely the fact that you wouldn't live to see the benefit
Option 2: Sterilisation; not good if you ever want a kid
Option 3: Menopause; unless you've found a way to age really quickly this won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh the pill sounds like more hassle than the period, taking it every day...:colondollar: Its like a daily reminder of your period.
Original post by Mary562
Haha you cry over period pains? :lol:

I'm sorry, but really?

I'm a 36 year old woman with two children and multiple operations, including open heart surgery and I STILL cry over period pains. Your point?

I have suffered since day one of my periods. Every joint in my body hurts and I become deficient in iron unless I'm supplementing because of the amount of blood loss.

You need to look at your dismissive attitude.
Original post by A lady
Implant???

I don't need for contraceptive purposes, but okay.

I just don't want periods, I see them and they remind me that I'm this "female" thing.

Hormonal IUDs.
Original post by Andy98
Option 1: Death, has it's downsides; namely the fact that you wouldn't live to see the benefit
Option 2: Sterilisation; not good if you ever want a kid
Option 3: Menopause; unless you've found a way to age really quickly this won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you still get your periods if you get sterilized! The only surgical procedure that stops your periods is a removal of the uterus which results in menopause and hormonal problems so therefore pretty much out of the question.
Reply 74
Original post by TorpidPhil
Hormonal IUDs.

Dunno if I want to risk it.

"Disadvantages of the IUD

Your periods may become heavier, longer or more painful, though this may improve after a few months."

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/iud-coil.aspx
Reply 75
No, you still get your periods if you get sterilized! The only surgical procedure that stops your periods is a removal of the uterus which results in menopause and hormonal problems so therefore pretty much out of the question.

Ahh I never paid much attention in biology. Although I think the point "bad idea" was made pretty clearly:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A lady
"The pill" doesn't work for me. :/

Oh :frown: sorry I don't think there is anything else.. how come you want them to stop? (Again sorry if someone has already asked)
Original post by A lady

Your periods may become heavier, longer or more painful, though this may improve after a few months."

That's the copper one.

Hormonal ones do the opposite. There's a reason I said hormonal IUD specifically and not "IUD".

Try a mirena. However, be warned it won't necessarily guarantee you will lose your period. You may end up having them still but at strange times. However they are likely to be lighter and there's a good chance you will lose them entirely after a month or two.
Reply 78
Original post by Hevachan
Oh :frown: sorry I don't think there is anything else.. how come you want them to stop? (Again sorry if someone has already asked)

Basically, I don't want a monthly reminder that I'm this female thing
Original post by A lady

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/iud-coil.aspx

thats with pretty much any contraception, it depends on the person. even close family members cant take the same contraceptive. so unfortunately its trial and error to find one that does what you want, people can suggest, but as i said not everyone reacts the same.

Quick Reply

Latest