The Student Room Group

Is the concept of soulmates realistic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eigo-Jin
Insightful. But surely the reason of soulmates is to live efficiently in one another's lives because of personality and/or physical traits?

Not really, you can live efficiently with any one and love them but there will always be that bit missing from it may u realise it or not; while with your soul mate, that in-completenesses with simply be non existent. You'll be efficient together, and many other things. :kissing2:
Original post by Queen Cersei
Apparently a mathematician called Backus worked out the probability of finding love in the UK is only about 100 times better than finding intelligent life in our galaxy!

So do you think the concept of soulmates is realistic?

If not, does that mean we have to settle for someone less than perfect for us?

No to question 1

Yes to question 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
What's the probability of finding intelligent life in the UK? :holmes:

:lol:
Reply 63
Original post by Queen Cersei

[D]o you think the concept of soulmates is realistic?

If not, does that mean we have to settle for someone less than perfect for us?

If by soulmates you mean finding your perfect match, then yes, it's unrealistic, if not fantasy 99.99999% of the time.

It does mean we have to settle for less than perfect, and that's absolutely fine. If you spend your life looking for someone perfect, you'll probably end up dismissing tens of great matches, all because they weren't "perfect".

I think you should seek someone who is "good enough", and I don't mean that in a kind of settle-for-someone-who's-alright kind of way, I mean that you should find someone who's a good match for you, make sure they're a good match (by getting to know them over time) and then committing.

I think settling down with someone great is far, far better than holding out and searching for somebody perfect.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
What's the probability of finding intelligent life in the UK? :holmes:

Ouch, harsh.

Original post by Bealzibub
Realistic 70-100 years ago, not in today's society

Why do you say that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending