The Student Room Group

Should I put....

Nottingham Trent university as a secure choice on UCAS or would it be available in clearing if I did badly in my exams?
Original post by polpo
Nottingham Trent university as a secure choice on UCAS or would it be available in clearing if I did badly in my exams?

If there's another university that you really want to apply to, don't put NTU. But I think I read somewhere on here that if you've applied to that university and rejected an offer, it still shows that you have considered the university and it's not a rush decision just to try and get into any university when it comes to Clearing. Therefore they'll more readily accept you if you phone up in Clearing. I've put Oxford Brookes down for the same reason.

Which other universities are you applying to? I'm applying to Cardiff, Uni of Birmingham, Aberystwyth and Oxford Brookes.
Original post by emiloujess
If there's another university that you really want to apply to, don't put NTU. But I think I read somewhere on here that if you've applied to that university and rejected an offer, it still shows that you have considered the university and it's not a rush decision just to try and get into any university when it comes to Clearing. Therefore they'll more readily accept you if you phone up in Clearing. I've put Oxford Brookes down for the same reason.

Which other universities are you applying to? I'm applying to Cardiff, Uni of Birmingham, Aberystwyth and Oxford Brookes.

I haven't chosen others yet though I'm considering Liverpool, thanks for the advice:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending