The Student Room Group

Looking for advice on BTECs and Russell Groups.

Hi, I'm in the process of applying to university, and am currently studying BTEC Extended Diploma - Applied Science (QCF). I am predicted D*D*D* for this years grades, and got D*D in my first year due. I got 7/10 Distinctions in my first year, and 3 Merits. This was due to our college having some admin issues (our course did not have a tutor for some time). I am absolutely positive I want to study Biochemistry at York University. Their entry requirements are D*D*D*. I know I am good enough, and that I would flourish there, but I am worried about not getting in. I know that this year I will get all Distinction grades and thus will achieve my predicted grade.I am worried that those Merit grades will reflect badly on me, and that they will not consider me. I am also a mature student, I will be 25 when I go to University. Does anyone have any experience with York or any other Russell Group Universities? Or does anyone have any insight into whether my situation is as hopeless as it feels right now?Thanks.
Seeing as you are studying the BTEC Extended diploma and are predicted D*D*D* which is what they state as entry requirements I would say you have a decent chance of receiving an offer, provided your personal statement and references are good. Most universities give out offers based on your predicted grades so I don't think you are in a "hopeless situation" at all. You are on track to achieve exactly what they want, so why worry?

If you are very concerned and are worried about wasting a choice on them, send an email to the admissions department and ask.
Universities don't put entry requirements on their websites just to lure the unqualified into applying so that they can reject them.

If you meet all of the stated entry requirements on their website. You've got a perfectly reasonable chance of getting in, and it's certainly worth applying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending