The Student Room Group

Year 11 - doing any revision over Christmas break?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ameenatariq
I think they'll be like the 2015 ones tbh.

I doubt it. I'll be getting A*s if that's the case!
Original post by Neymar da Silva
I doubt it. I'll be getting A*s if that's the case!

what do you think they're going to be like? that's a bit cocky don't you think :/
Original post by ameenatariq
what do you think they're going to be like? that's a bit cocky don't you think :/

The papers will be a lot more difficult but the grade boundaries will be low, maybe?
The papers will be a lot more difficult but the grade boundaries will be low, maybe?

the 2015 papers were difficult that's why majority of the grade boundaries were low.
Original post by 0lut0
I'm going to enjoy this Christmas holiday then i'm going to do a Mo Farah. Start of slowly in January maybe one or two hours a day then slowly build up as we approach the exams. Time year ahead 2016.

I'm going to do a usain bolt
the bit where the camera man runs into him and he falls over
that's me
Original post by defenestrated
I'm going to do a usain bolt
the bit where the camera man runs into him and he falls over
that's me

Okay... I say you just revise and stop making a fool of yourself.
Okay... I say you just revise and stop making a fool of yourself.

...................it's called a joke
...................it's called a joke

You'll know what a joke is on Results Day.
You'll know what a joke is on Results Day.

maybe you should go do some revision instead of being hostile online to people you've never talked to before
maybe you should go do some revision instead of being hostile online to people you've never talked to before

Done my lot for today. Now, maybe you should go and do some revision instead of aspiring to be like Usain Bolt.
Well, only because of mocks in January.
Done my lot for today. Now, maybe you should go and do some revision instead of aspiring to be like Usain Bolt.

uhhh
I think you completely missed the point of what I said
then decided to be rude about it
so maybe it's time to revise some social skills
or at the least, common decency
For A-Level, definitely yes.
But for GCSE, in my opinion you should still do some work.. Maybe before Christmas? An hour or two in total on things you're not quite sure about.. Though I highly doubt you'll find the motivation to do so seeing as it's Christmas haha. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do work whenever you can be bothered tbh.

But when you go back after the break, make sure you work hard.
Original post by edothero
For A-Level, definitely yes.
But for GCSE, in my opinion you should still do some work.. Maybe before Christmas? An hour or two in total on things you're not quite sure about.. Though I highly doubt you'll find the motivation to do so seeing as it's Christmas haha. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do work whenever you can be bothered tbh.

But when you go back after the break, make sure you work hard.

What did you get in your GCSE's?
Yes indeed, vigorously at that too because there's mocks, similarly in Year 10, we had mocks then too, yet my grades were below passes. But now, I do want to achieve my grades, straight A's, with an exception of a B hopefully.
I don't know if I should be be doing any revision because of the Christmas holidays but I have started to revise and that because I get very bored very easily I do some revision I don't know if that is the right thing to do or not but I do it anyway.
Someone please reply back please:smile:
Original post by Jessica Jarvis
Someone please reply back please:smile:

if u feel like u should do revision then do it , but dont burn yourself out!!
Original post by Jessica Jarvis
I don't know if I should be be doing any revision because of the Christmas holidays but I have started to revise and that because I get very bored very easily I do some revision I don't know if that is the right thing to do or not but I do it anyway.

ive been revising as well youre not alone

Quick Reply

Latest