The Student Room Group

Girls, what kinds of gifts do you appreciate more?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coucouChar1997
Jewellery is my favourite gift to receive, it doesn't have to be too expensive! Chocolates are always good and so are framed photos and clothes, it's my birthday tomorrow so we will soon see how my boyfriend has done😃

Happy Birthday:smile:
For me I wouldn't want dresses or perfumes. Stuff which means more to her or food.
A gift which is useful and personal , boom.
Original post by coucouChar1997
Jewellery is my favourite gift to receive, it doesn't have to be too expensive! Chocolates are always good and so are framed photos and clothes, it's my birthday tomorrow so we will soon see how my boyfriend has done😃

Original post by Little Toy Gun
diamonds are a girl's best friend

as a jewellery trader you have to be scrupulous first you give her the power to find some things then he has the power as he decides how much to spend and you always push a slightly more expensive item and when it's two on one it's a done deal he spends, she loves and i profit so everyone is happy as a result i only give the best stuff one of my exes ha a 50ct emerald pendant i had made those stones are relatively cheap online if you find the correct supplier and it cost me about £200 in the end after the metal and craft costs were added as diamonds are over marketed and overpriced at retail that's why i sell honest prices of a thousand a carat on white stones, less on blacks, browns and yellows mostly and more for the rarer shades such as gray/blue, purple and pink
Original post by jamesthehustler
as a jewellery trader you have to be scrupulous first you give her the power to find some things then he has the power as he decides how much to spend and you always push a slightly more expensive item and when it's two on one it's a done deal he spends, she loves and i profit so everyone is happy as a result i only give the best stuff one of my exes ha a 50ct emerald pendant i had made those stones are relatively cheap online if you find the correct supplier and it cost me about £200 in the end after the metal and craft costs were added as diamonds are over marketed and overpriced at retail that's why i sell honest prices of a thousand a carat on white stones, less on blacks, browns and yellows mostly and more for the rarer shades such as gray/blue, purple and pink

girls probs like sentences too
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Thoughtful gifts are what I care about, not just something you can run into any old shop and get because you're a last minute type of guy :lol:

By thoughtful, I don't mean it has to be hand-made, but that'd be nice too

For example, prior to the relationship days I could've told you that I loooooved the smell of salted Caramel Yankee Candles and if our 6 month anniversary came or something (idk :dontknow:) and you got me the Yankee Candle I'd be like OOOOMMMGGGG you actually remembered? :ahee: babe

Most girls dont even notice when you do stuff like that unless you point it out to them lol
Original post by Little Toy Gun
girls probs like sentences too

to be honest it's three now i've got some hunting to do christmas really takes it out of you in this business just grab another medicinal glass of baileys and get to work
Original post by SophieSmall
Some people like to re-read books. So I guess if it's something they've already read that person should definitely have found out if they're a re-reader.Some "thoughtful" gifts can be useless or unwanted, it's up to the gift giver to know whether or not that applies to the person they are gifting.For example someone might not like to receive say a collage of personal pictures because they don't want to put it up on the wall and don't really like pictures. Someone else on the other hand might love it and want to decorate their room with it. The gift giver if they've truly thought it through and know the person well would know which applies.
Yeah I'm the type of heartless person that doesn't really care about things like pictures, books, etc so once again to me personally, as this thread asks, meaningful gifts are often just useless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending