The Student Room Group

Jaguar Technical Apprenticeship (Midlands)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck both of you. Please update on how it went and what you had to do afterwards.
Reply 21
Original post by Melb_xx
I have been offered a place on the apprenticeship scheme and whilst they were writing my contract today I have received an email saying that they will not accept my BTEC in science even though it is a distinction and I hold 11 GCSEs including a level B in psychology, which is considered a science subject. They have had this information for months and I had put it on my original application and any other job I have gone for has accepted this. Even on the jaguar website it says 'GCSEs or equivilant'. Has anyone got any info that could help ?

Is this for the higher apprenticeship? Did you not do a triple science GCSE? I.e chemistry biology or physics?
Also when did you attend your assessment centre and how did you find it?
Reply 22
Original post by Melb_xx
Yes I done all three but took it as a BTEC because the comp I went to told us all to! If I had known it was not as recognised 6 years ago I would of taken it as GCSEs as I love science and didn't do badly I got a distinction*

I had my interview last Monday and i got a call this Monday to say I had been successful. I gave them my certificates then and nothing was said only today.

The interview went well I had done research on the company and I thought the psychometric tests were fine as I answered most. It must of went well as I got the job. Just sad that I was so excited to start and a little thing can ruin it even though I am clearly capable

wow, you're quite clearly capable and I would assume that the BTEC is equivalent at least, maybe try contacting your school to see if they can help rectify the issue?

Thanks very much for your insight for the assessment, do you have any advice for me as I have mine on Monday! How was the group excercise and practical?
Reply 23
What did you have to do in the practical?
Reply 24
I've been declined the job, but I'm still on the reserve list so there is a tiny chance still, but I think that it'll be Sixth Form for me now. Hope you all got the job
Hi,
My son is interested in the Degree Apprenticeship.Someone was mentioning that graduates from full time universities hold more value when they start working at Jaguar rather than those coming from an apprenticeship background ,even if it is the degree apprenticeship. The person himself had little knowledge of Jaguars apprenticeship schemes personally..Is that true? How do you feel about your decision to join Jaguar's Degree Apprenticeship?
Will appreciate any advice...Thank you.
Hi,My son is interested in the Degree Apprenticeship.Someone was mentioning that graduates from full time universities hold more value when they start working at Jaguar rather than those coming from an apprenticeship background ,even if it is the degree apprenticeship. The person himself had little knowledge of Jaguars apprenticeship schemes personally..Is that true? How do you feel about your decision to join Jaguar's Degree Apprenticeship?Will appreciate any advice...Thank you.
Original post by DeadJustice
Hi,My son is interested in the Degree Apprenticeship.Someone was mentioning that graduates from full time universities hold more value when they start working at Jaguar rather than those coming from an apprenticeship background ,even if it is the degree apprenticeship. The person himself had little knowledge of Jaguars apprenticeship schemes personally..Is that true? How do you feel about your decision to join Jaguar's Degree Apprenticeship?Will appreciate any advice...Thank you.

Not true at all. Apprentices seem to get more interesting jobs than graduates (speaking as a current apprentice) and are actually better equipped for life in JLR than most graduates, given there's a hefty practical side to the apprenticeship, and not just a load of book learning.

It's an incredibly rewarding scheme that stands you well for progression if that's what you're looking for in a job.
Original post by prysw
I've been declined the job, but I'm still on the reserve list so there is a tiny chance still, but I think that it'll be Sixth Form for me now. Hope you all got the job

i was on the reserve list and got in. Don't lose hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending