The Student Room Group

Jaguar Technical Apprenticeship (Midlands)

Hi!
I have just applied for the Technical Apprenticeship in Jaguar, mainly because I love engineering and Jaguars lol. Despite this, I would also like to know how much I would get paid if I am accepted and how are things done in the apprenticeship.
I would also love some tips for the interview and the role play, as I will be a bit nervous tbh.
Thanks!!!
Danny

Scroll to see replies

Salary depends on whether you applied for the advanced apprenticeship or the degree apprenticeship. The advanced apprenticeship starts at £217 a week and the degree apprenticeship starts of at £17000 a year but gradually rises over the 6 years and can end up at over £33000 by the time you finish the apprenticeship. I applied for the degree apprenticeship at Warwickshire/Midlands/Gaydon.
Reply 2
I have applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship at JLR Midlands. I've completed the application form, the SJT, and the psychometric, and have recieved an email saying that I may be invited to an open day, depending on my overall score and ranking position compared to other applicants. If I am not succesful in getting into the program, I will go to Sixth Form and University to try to become an engineer that way instead. Has anybody else applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship for September 2016?
Reply 3
Oh! I also applied for that program. Do you know when the interviews can be? I recieved an email where JLR said that I could get an invitation to the assesment centre between January and April. The thing is, I live in Spain and a more accurate date would be quite helpful in order to plan a trip lol
Cheers
Reply 4
The Degree one one mean haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DMar15
Oh! I also applied for that program. Do you know when the interviews can be? I recieved an email where JLR said that I could get an invitation to the assesment centre between January and April. The thing is, I live in Spain and a more accurate date would be quite helpful in order to plan a trip lol
Cheers

The email that I recieved said exactly the same thing, that I will be invited from January to April, and will be given around two weeks notice, but I guess that two weeks isnt much to plan flights etc.
I still need to do the psychometric test, planning to do it tomorrow. How did you all find the test? Any tips?
Reply 7
Original post by itzDarren
I still need to do the psychometric test, planning to do it tomorrow. How did you all find the test? Any tips?

Answer as honest as you can. Psycoligist in Jaguar will find out in the interview if you lied or not. Also, try to think in a professional way.
It doesn't take long to do and questions are quite easy.
Reply 8
Original post by prysw
The email that I recieved said exactly the same thing, that I will be invited from January to April, and will be given around two weeks notice, but I guess that two weeks isnt much to plan flights etc.

Yeah that's right. The main thing is to get their approval though!
Reply 9

Make sure that you study the preperation guides that they have given you, and make sure that you have at least something selected by the time limit because it will take whatever you have ticked when the time ends. The hardest part of it I thought was the question where you had to find the odd one out, and the question where the shapes change colour and size. Overall, the rest of it wasn't too difficult. Are you doing the Graduate or Advanced Apprenticeship?
Original post by prysw
Make sure that you study the preperation guides that they have given you, and make sure that you have at least something selected by the time limit because it will take whatever you have ticked when the time ends. The hardest part of it I thought was the question where you had to find the odd one out, and the question where the shapes change colour and size. Overall, the rest of it wasn't too difficult. Are you doing the Graduate or Advanced Apprenticeship?

I'm doing the graduate apprenticeship. I really wasn't ready for the test. It was mostly simple but the time limits were insane. I missed out about 3 questions in the whole thing and had to guess about 2 so I wouldn't surprised if I didn't pass.
Reply 11
I'm doing the graduate apprenticeship. I really wasn't ready for the test. It was mostly simple but the time limits were insane. I missed out about 3 questions in the whole thing and had to guess about 2 so I wouldn't surprised if I didn't pass.
Don't worry about it at all, I found the time limits crazy too, and missed tons of questions, but I still met the required benchmark, don't know if it's different for the degree apprenticeship though.
Reply 12
Hi all,

Just looking to reignite this thread as the assessment dates for the advanced apprenticeship loom closer!
Has anyone here already attended their assessment centre and if so how did it go?

all the best,
LW
I haven't been invited for the assessment centre yet, has anyone?
Reply 14
I was invited roughly two weeks ago, but I have applied for the advanced apprenticeship as oppose to the higher apprenticeship. Judging by previous posts, if you have applied for the latter, they'll be getting in touch with you at a later date cause they deal with advanced applications first.

Hope that helps
Reply 15
Original post by LW106
I was invited roughly two weeks ago, but I have applied for the advanced apprenticeship as oppose to the higher apprenticeship. Judging by previous posts, if you have applied for the latter, they'll be getting in touch with you at a later date cause they deal with advanced applications first.

Hope that helps

I've applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship too. My Assesment Centre is on Monday, the 8th of February. When is yours?
Reply 16
Original post by prysw
I've applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship too. My Assesment Centre is on Monday, the 8th of February. When is yours?

Me too buddy, morning or afternoon?
Reply 17
Original post by LW106
Me too buddy, morning or afternoon?

Morning. Are you staying overnight?
Reply 18
Original post by prysw
Morning. Are you staying overnight?

Ah fantastic, me too so I'll see you there then!
Nah I live in Birmingham so I'm fairly local, where are you coming from?
Reply 19
Original post by LW106
Ah fantastic, me too so I'll see you there then!
Nah I live in Birmingham so I'm fairly local, where are you coming from?

I'm coming from North Wales, but I'm staying in a hotel on the other side of Coventry, since they sent me the wrong address. Are you on Facebook? Talking on the forum is a bit awkward. Add me I'm Prys Hughes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending