The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by smm90
There's a few on google images but I don't know how reliable they are... There's only three spaces for Bristol :K:I'm wondering how many people they could interview for it. Ah okay I was on the far right in the middle!

Hey , how'd your interview go!?! I'm still waiting for a response the waiting is horrid :L want to know now so I can confirm my choices etc!!
Reply 21
Original post by cward09
Hey , how'd your interview go!?! I'm still waiting for a response the waiting is horrid :L want to know now so I can confirm my choices etc!!

It went well thank you! I enjoyed the face to face interview but some of the MMIs were tricky I thought! What about you? I think we will hear pretty soon! Did you like Bristol ?
Reply 22
Original post by smm90
It went well thank you! I enjoyed the face to face interview but some of the MMIs were tricky I thought! What about you? I think we will hear pretty soon! Did you like Bristol ?

That's exactly the same as what i thought! one to ones i enjoyed the most, but the time given for the MMI's did not seem long enough!!! Well i think i recall them saying deadlines usually 31st March for them to give it out eek!! And yeah i liked Bristol, didn't have enough time to have a good look around though! Its so different i think to the London one, what one you swaying towards so far?
Reply 23
Original post by cward09
That's exactly the same as what i thought! one to ones i enjoyed the most, but the time given for the MMI's did not seem long enough!!! Well i think i recall them saying deadlines usually 31st March for them to give it out eek!! And yeah i liked Bristol, didn't have enough time to have a good look around though! Its so different i think to the London one, what one you swaying towards so far?

Yes they were really nice! It definitely wasn't long enough!, I felt so rushed :frown: Not long now then! Yeah it is different but I thought it was similar to RVC as you learn in the city but have to travel to the animals outside of the city. Well I haven't got an offer yet so I don't like to jinx it aha, but Bristol is where I live and I love London so either atm to me, you?
Reply 24
Original post by smm90
Yes they were really nice! It definitely wasn't long enough!, I felt so rushed :frown: Not long now then! Yeah it is different but I thought it was similar to RVC as you learn in the city but have to travel to the animals outside of the city. Well I haven't got an offer yet so I don't like to jinx it aha, but Bristol is where I live and I love London so either atm to me, you?

Yeah that side I saw the similarities , but the hawkshead campus looks less spread out than that of the bristols rural one. I'm like you I don't want to jinx anything , I'm just greatful for any offfers Haha! I just want to choose haha so excited! You got any offers bar London?
Reply 25
Original post by cward09
Yeah that side I saw the similarities , but the hawkshead campus looks less spread out than that of the bristols rural one. I'm like you I don't want to jinx anything , I'm just greatful for any offfers Haha! I just want to choose haha so excited! You got any offers bar London?

I haven't been to Hawkshead yet, want to go though! But I don't think I will be able to go to the offer day as I'm away on holiday. Same, cant believe I have offers! Yes I have an offer from Nottingham and Hartpury. What about you?
Reply 26
Original post by smm90
I haven't been to Hawkshead yet, want to go though! But I don't think I will be able to go to the offer day as I'm away on holiday. Same, cant believe I have offers! Yes I have an offer from Nottingham and Hartpury. What about you?

Nor have I but going of the virtual tour online that's the impression I got! And I know I'm gutted , I can't make it either,just too far and too much funds to get there and back, but I'm sure it'll meet expectations, especially from what I've heard elsewhere! Hull for zoology, London and awaiting Bristol :/ are Nottingham and hartpury both veterinary too?
Reply 27
Original post by cward09
Nor have I but going of the virtual tour online that's the impression I got! And I know I'm gutted , I can't make it either,just too far and too much funds to get there and back, but I'm sure it'll meet expectations, especially from what I've heard elsewhere! Hull for zoology, London and awaiting Bristol :/ are Nottingham and hartpury both veterinary too?

Oooooh I will have to check it out! They said they will reimburse funds if that helps? Did you apply for just three?, and no Nottingham for Environmental Geoscience (long story) and Hartpury for Bioveterinary science.
Reply 28
Original post by smm90
Oooooh I will have to check it out! They said they will reimburse funds if that helps? Did you apply for just three?, and no Nottingham for Environmental Geoscience (long story) and Hartpury for Bioveterinary science.

Yeah the virtual tour is pretty good I never knew that the hawkshead campus is where they filmed inside nature's biggest giants! I know but they don't reimburse the full amount. I applied for Nottingham too but rejected before they even considered. Rang up the unite accommodation to try and find more out on Mary b but nothing! I've seen more Bristol offers have gone out tonight aswell, starting to feel my chances are slim!!
Reply 29
Original post by cward09
Yeah the virtual tour is pretty good I never knew that the hawkshead campus is where they filmed inside nature's biggest giants! I know but they don't reimburse the full amount. I applied for Nottingham too but rejected before they even considered. Rang up the unite accommodation to try and find more out on Mary b but nothing! I've seen more Bristol offers have gone out tonight aswell, starting to feel my chances are slim!!

How do you get onto it? Oh that's annoying, do you drive? My friend got an offer for Nottingham Gateway which was amazing as there was only 5 spaces! They will hopefully be sending out the info packs on accommodation soon! Maybe we will hear tomorrow...:K:
Reply 30
Original post by smm90
How do you get onto it? Oh that's annoying, do you drive? My friend got an offer for Nottingham Gateway which was amazing as there was only 5 spaces! They will hopefully be sending out the info packs on accommodation soon! Maybe we will hear tomorrow...:K:

I went on about our campuses hawkshead virtual tour. And no planning to get my licence before I start though :/ you? That is amazing Bristol is similar originally it was three but has increased a little more now! Yes I've been told accommodation packs are sent out in May! Maybe we will eeeek 😃
Reply 31
Original post by cward09
I went on about our campuses hawkshead virtual tour. And no planning to get my licence before I start though :/ you? That is amazing Bristol is similar originally it was three but has increased a little more now! Yes I've been told accommodation packs are sent out in May! Maybe we will eeeek 😃

Oh thank you! Yes I drive! So its easy for me to get to places like that open day! My friend got an offer for Bristol Vet yesterday (the five year course), so I'm thinking we will be finding out very soon! Were you not interested in College Grove then? I thought it was quite good as it was so close!
Reply 32
Original post by smm90
Oh thank you! Yes I drive! So its easy for me to get to places like that open day! My friend got an offer for Bristol Vet yesterday (the five year course), so I'm thinking we will be finding out very soon! Were you not interested in College Grove then? I thought it was quite good as it was so close!

I know I'm gonna book mine for the summer hopefully!!! Oooo it's not long now!! Think they said they'll tell us by 31st. Your friends lucky!!!!! I did like cg but mb I think I prefer from what I've heard and what students have recommended. But cg is very close that is a definite pull factor!!!!!
Reply 33
Anyone heard back from Bristol uni for gateway? Really thought we would hear today! Hate waiting!
Reply 34
Snap, nope I heard the last day was today but then other said it'll be delayed due to Easter holidays :/ I just want to know, so I can pick my choices!!*
Reply 35
I've heard back from bristol, have you?
Reply 36
Original post by cward09
I've heard back from bristol, have you?

Yes finally! Did they give you an offer ?
Reply 37
Original post by smm90
Yes finally! Did they give you an offer ?

No , unfortunately not :frown: I'm not gonna lie a tad upset, but London was always my top choice any how! What about you did you get an offer?
Reply 38
Original post by cward09
No , unfortunately not :frown: I'm not gonna lie a tad upset, but London was always my top choice any how! What about you did you get an offer?

Same! I thought the interview went better than RVC as well... but I suppose there was only 5 places so not to upset! So I guess we will both be moving to London in September!
Reply 39
Original post by smm90
Same! I thought the interview went better than RVC as well... but I suppose there was only 5 places so not to upset! So I guess we will both be moving to London in September!

That's what I thought, but hay hoe!!! They said on my email there wasn't enough spaced. London here we come!! At least we know now, need to start saving!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending