The Student Room Group

On average, how many books do you read per week?

Scroll to see replies

2 or 3. Mostly while I'm waiting for stuff to happen in the lab. I probably should be reading academic papers but who cares.
1 wish it was more though, but hard to find the time, I always have one with me and catch 5 mins here and there to read a few pages :biggrin:
1) 0

2) 0

3) 0

4) 0
What made you think a single week would be a good time interval? Even impressively-fast and consistent readers -- ones who go through a 2/3 books a month -- would still come under '0' books a week according to this poll.
I said one, but I'd say it only averages out one every two or three weeks...

Even one a week isn't exactly 'light reading'
Reply 25
Original post by Kyx
Saturday I began the 9th book in the Alex Rider series (Scorpia Rising)

Sunday I finished the 10th (Russian Roulette)

Ah I remember that series. Those books were amazing.
Number of people saying 0...

If it's academic it may be more than my choice of 2 but by choice, 2~.
Love the results of this thread. In time, books themselves will disappear altogether and sooner than one might think.
I write more than I read now. Back when I did my English degree I was reading a book a day. But I don't have time to get properly invested in a story any more.
Original post by The Warsmith
Love the results of this thread. In time, books themselves will disappear altogether and sooner than one might think.

I will fight you on this The Warsmith!

I read 2/3 books a week. Or, I do when I'm on target to hit my TSR reading challenge goal of 100 for the year.

A month would have been a better time period to measure this on.

All read for pleasure, all squeezed in with full time work, the gym, medical appointments for my long term health issues and the football with my dad.
Reply 30
Original post by HAnwar
Ah I remember that series. Those books were amazing.

IKR :h:

Original post by Imperion
Number of people saying 0...

If it's academic it may be more than my choice of 2 but by choice, 2~.

IKR :redface:
I read the 'dot product of two orthogonal vectors' books per week.
Depends whether you count English lit revision as reading a book or not... I guess I don't technically re read the whole thing but my notes are quite detailed. I voted no anyway.
Original post by Kyx
Saturday I began the 9th book in the Alex Rider series (Scorpia Rising)

Sunday I finished the 10th (Russian Roulette)

I need to re-read them holy ****
Original post by FrankTeller1234
1. Answer the poll.

2. How much of it is on your own accord? (i.e. how many of these books do you personally want to read vs mandatory academic reading?)

3. How much free time do you have per week? Are you in full-time employment or a full-time student?

4. How much time do you devote to reading each day?

1. In what a way? have participate in the poll, giving three books as an answer. More than five, if I am not working.
2. Every single book which I am reading is an expression of my own will.
3. to summarize that, would say a lot of hours
4. one up to two hours.
on a good week 4-5+
I normally read when I am doing work or writing

I really get fed up when I am in class as we were reading of mice and men and by the time they were just getting to the first scene with Curleys wife I was nearly done.

animal farm was worse as I finished the book like 4 months before the class as they made people take turns reading it..

I got a book about a week ago that I started reading in the car and after a 30 min drive I was so hooked on in and so far through I got the train back and bought the other books.

I really hate e readers I just cant do it that well on a screen somehow.

If anyone is wondering how I do this it is really weird, just imagine you are skim reading for a certain word but you just take everything in super fast.
Reply 36
It completely depends on the size of the book.. i'm currently reading a book which has taken me 46.3 hours - and I've just reached half way...
- read for approx 2-3 hours a night... so say 2.5 average... That means I, (in terms of this book) read, 0.19 books a week... If my calculations are correct...
- Always just read for enjoyment:smile:
Reply 37
Original post by nverjvlev
I would read more but I can't afford to buy books and I have a library fine of £50+ so I'm scared of going in and making the fine worse haha, so I'm stuck rereading books I already own which I hate.

Also, no one lends me books anymore because I never return them haha.

WATTPAD.
You have a phone or tablet don't you?
get the app.
Millions of books for free.
Some published by real authors other by amateurs.
That app has been like a drug to me since 2009. You should get it.
2. How much of it is on your own accord? (i.e. how many of these books do you personally want to read vs mandatory academic reading?)

I read about two books (usually fantasy) of my own accord each week. I haven't taken into account law reading but it doesn't really compare to that of a whole book.

3. How much free time do you have per week? Are you in full-time employment or a full-time student?

Full-time LPC student. Just finished exams so I have more time to read than I usually do.

4. How much time do you devote to reading each day?

Around 4 hours (currently reading 2-3 books a week) but it can be more if I can't put the book down. Probably will end up doing 5 today (I don't count though so this is purely a guess...!)
Reply 39
Original post by Chaz W
I need to re-read them holy ****

They were awesome, Amirite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending