The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesAW
Hi,
i have accepted Cardiff as my firm offer and have been trying to apply for halls however every time i follow the apply online link it redirects me to the original sims page. Am i doing something wrong or does it just take time for the university to receive me acceptance as a firm offer?

Takes time I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by HelenS97
Hi, i was also indecisive between court and gate but have decided to put court as my top choice! I talked to a few students and they said that they are both clean and nice. They also said that overally court is slightly more socialable and it is 10 minutes nearer to the city centre.

Court is closer to city centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hi
I have already applied to the accommodation halls. I was wondering when I'll be able to find out where I'll be staying...
Original post by niki697
Hi
I have already applied to the accommodation halls. I was wondering when I'll be able to find out where I'll be staying...

Normally close to summer time I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by DaisyCardiffRep

How come Firm choice Undergraduates have to select 10 accommodation locations whereas others such as insurance need only select two?
I mean i'm 100% sure I want to be in Talybont, so I've selected my first 5 as;
South
North
North(Medium)
Gate
Court
What is the likely hood of not getting my first five, I mean I'm hoping to get somewhere that's very social and these seem like the most
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by OllieSY
How come Firm choice Undergraduates have to select 10 accommodation locations whereas others such as insurance need only select two?
I mean i'm 100% sure I want to be in Talybont, so I've selected my first 5 as;
South
North
North(Medium)
Gate
Court
What is the likely hood of not getting my first five, I mean I'm hoping to get somewhere that's very social and these seem like the most

It's quite very common to get your first choice so I wouldn't worry too much about it just as long as you submit it sooner the better the chance of your choice allocation tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't found it very likely to get your first choice- but please do get your application in as soon as you can!
I applied 2 weeks after the applications opened and got my 2nd choice. Quite a few other people I talked to got ones that were 5th, 8th or even not on their list at all!
Time really is of the essence but make sure you've chosen the halls that are right for you and your budget!
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I haven't found it very likely to get your first choice- but please do get your application in as soon as you can!
I applied 2 weeks after the applications opened and got my 2nd choice. Quite a few other people I talked to got ones that were 5th, 8th or even not on their list at all!
Time really is of the essence but make sure you've chosen the halls that are right for you and your budget!

Which halls did you apply too for your top 3?
Original post by Hattie28
Which halls did you apply too for your top 3?

Colum Hall
Senghennydd Hall
Taly Court
A very useful group for all Cardiff University Applicants and Offers Holders 2016 Entry:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CardiffUniversityStudent/

A very useful link for all Accommodation groups once accommodation allocations have been made to help you find your flatmates:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1072215452810663/
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I have made Cardiff as my firm choice but Im not sure how to apply for accommodation. I could login to the sims but whenever I click on to 'University Residences' it shows 'Page not found'. Did I go to the wrong page?
many thanks!
Hi, I've put Cardiff as my firm choice but I'm unsure how to actually apply for accommodation. I'm also classed as a 'non standard residential period' which means I'm unable to find out how much the accommodation is going to be. If you could give me any idea on how to find out how much it'll be or have an idea yourself that would be great, thank you.
Original post by jennifer8080
Hi, I have made Cardiff as my firm choice but Im not sure how to apply for accommodation. I could login to the sims but whenever I click on to 'University Residences' it shows 'Page not found'. Did I go to the wrong page?
many thanks!

No that's the right page, if it persists I suggest to ring the university residences and ask them to reset it for you on their side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElliePurnell
Hi, I've put Cardiff as my firm choice but I'm unsure how to actually apply for accommodation. I'm also classed as a 'non standard residential period' which means I'm unable to find out how much the accommodation is going to be. If you could give me any idea on how to find out how much it'll be or have an idea yourself that would be great, thank you.

Does your sims allow you to login?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does your sims allow you to login?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but it didn't work on my laptop but it's working on my phone, that's why I was a bit confused on how to actually apply.
Original post by ElliePurnell
Yeah but it didn't work on my laptop but it's working on my phone, that's why I was a bit confused on how to actually apply.

It will be easier to try it off your laptop if that's still not working ring in the accommodation and get them to reset sims on their side for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will be easier to try it off your laptop if that's still not working ring in the accommodation and get them to reset sims on their side for you.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank you 😊
No that's the right page, if it persists I suggest to ring the university residences and ask them to reset it for you on their side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 38
Hey there, I posted a thread but no answers yet- do I need to apply for accommodation if Cardiff is my insurance choice? I think it's open only for firm-ers for now but I want to be 100% sure. Thanks!
Hello :smile:

Can anybody tell me what bus will take me from Talybont Gate accommodation to the Heath Campus?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending