The Student Room Group

Manchester Uni or Newcastle Uni

I have currently received unconditional offers for both:
-> MSc Medical Microbiology at Manchester University
-> MRes Immunobiology at Newcastle University

The only problem is I cant chose which one, but I am slightly swaying towards Manchester because of its reputation and it appears to be a lot higher in the league tables for biological sciences.

Does anyone know what postgraduate life is like at Manchester and Newcastle?

Thanks!
I did my undergrad at Manchester Uni , city was great, lots to do, plenty of study spaces, pubs and clubs. Ideal for student life.
Original post by alb1994
I have currently received unconditional offers for both:
-> MSc Medical Microbiology at Manchester University
-> MRes Immunobiology at Newcastle University

The only problem is I cant chose which one, but I am slightly swaying towards Manchester because of its reputation and it appears to be a lot higher in the league tables for biological sciences.

Does anyone know what postgraduate life is like at Manchester and Newcastle?

Thanks!

Hey!
Im in the same situation except for cancer studies at Manchester, definitely swaying towards Newcastle for the Immunobiology though!
Reply 3
I chose Manchester in the end after lots of research and talking to academics. It just seemed like a more rounded course with a lot more room for further study. Also based on the reputation and it's research quality I believe Manchester just seemed a better place to go! I just thought Newcastle didn't seem to offer enough (maybe why it was half the price haha). Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending