The Student Room Group

Want to go to Brunel or Royal Holloway through clearing!

I dont have the grades to apply to brunel and royal holloway so i just wanted to ask is it possible for me to go through clearing and get in? Are these two universities usually in clearing?
I would like to do computer science/security/networks bsc

My predicted grades are:
Applied Science: Distinction
BTec Business Single: Distinction*
ICT: E

Even if i cant get into the course straight away i wouldn't mind doing a foundation year at these uni's but even for that the entry requirements are really high. Would there be a chance?
Original post by bigboy887
I dont have the grades to apply to brunel and royal holloway so i just wanted to ask is it possible for me to go through clearing and get in? Are these two universities usually in clearing?
I would like to do computer science/security/networks bsc

My predicted grades are:
Applied Science: Distinction
BTec Business Single: Distinction*
ICT: E

Even if i cant get into the course straight away i wouldn't mind doing a foundation year at these uni's but even for that the entry requirements are really high. Would there be a chance?

Is the applied science also a BTEC,if yes then Brunel requires DD if you do a diploma(sorry can't remember it's name,its probably national or subsidiary diploma) and B at an A level subject for normal entry if you could a get a B or C you could get in through clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am an UG student at Royal Holloway studying Computer Science

the problem is that you need DD (BTEC) - which you have and you need to have a B in an A level, also you need to have either Computing, Maths, Physics or BTEC IT, A level ICT isnt regarded as 'sufficiently analytical' according to the website

you could try and get in through clearing but I wouldnt say it was likely
Reply 3
Is it not possible for me to do a foundation year at brunel? would i be accepted through clearing?

Its just that i have offers from Middlesex uni,Hertfordshire,Birmingham city and Portsmouth. But these uni's are really low on the rankings and very far to get to, which would mean long commuting hours everyday.

Would i be able to get into rhul or Brunel for at least a foundation year?

2 btecs and 1 a level (a level being in ICT (but i dont think i will get higher than a D at most) my best shot at getting to a decent uni is through clearing and the closest ones to where i live is brunel and royal holloway)

Also is brunel and royal holloway usually in clearing for computer science or IT related courses?
(edited 8 years ago)
Is it not possible for me to do a foundation year at brunel? would i be accepted through clearing?

Its just that i have offers from Middlesex uni,Hertfordshire,Birmingham city and Portsmouth. But these uni's are really low on the rankings and very far to get to, which would mean long commuting hours everyday.

Would i be able to get into rhul or Brunel for at least a foundation year?

2 btecs and 1 a level (a level being in ICT (but i dont think i will get higher than a D at most) my best shot at getting to a decent uni is through clearing and the closest ones to where i live is brunel and royal holloway)

Also is brunel and royal holloway usually in clearing for computer science or IT related courses?

Brunel also offers entry for 1st year through navitas but you will be sent to 2nd year only if you get 50% which is quite easy. Its called LBIC
Reply 5
Hi thanks for your reply.

Just wondering what is "Navitas" what are the entry requirements? how do I apply? is it only one year of study and then progress to the 1st year of undergraduate computer science?
Hi thanks for your reply.

Just wondering what is "Navitas" what are the entry requirements? how do I apply? is it only one year of study and then progress to the 1st year of undergraduate computer science?

Navitas is a private group that does foundation courses and English classes for international students usually but British students are accepted too.

You will need 5 grades between A*-C at GCSE and A level grades vary from course to course.Yes it is only year of study and if you score 50% you progress to the first year of university.If you score 40% and 50% then you progress to 1st year at navitas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Can you get an A* as an overall for AQA ICT a level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending