The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

challenging enough? It's one of the most exclusive educational institutes in the world, and you wondering whether its 'challenging enough' or worrying about the number of 'harvard students' from Le Rosey? ....Ofcourse it will be challenging.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but it just sounds as if you think you're too good for Le Rosey or any other school for that matter. I'd be ecstatic just getting in. You're future is what you make it, not what the students of the past have done.

Good Luck with your choice, whatever it is.
Reply 101
I think its Bury Grammar
Reply 102
Mina101
Hey,
I'm planning on applying to Le Rosey for next year, but I have one concern:
Is it academically challenging enough?
I've always been used to a very demanding education - and although it looks like a great school, the leavers list doesn't really seem to do it any justice. Where is Harvard, etc...and it also shows it over a three year period. This doesn't seem fair...

Can anyone please tell me what the academic side is like? And any other 'interesting details' would be much appreciated!
Thank you =)
xx

Well if you go through the arduous task of applying and being accepted, and your expecting it to be some haven of academic elites, then you may be dissapointed. But don't get me wrong, the IB is very demanding and very challenging, as are the highly qualified teachers. But, Rosey is not the MIT of boarding schools. It is by far the most prestigious boarding school in the world, and if you care about these things, the most elite. But there aren't alot of geniuses at the school, granted there are some, but they're not at Rosey for its academics. They're at Rosey for the atmosphere, the experience, the multiculturalism (there are over 60 countries represented). Overall though, I would consider it a challenging academic experience. And it really is a great school, it is in no way the extremely strict, rigid stereotype that so many boarding schools are. The wikipedia article probably has more information than I could give. Good luck on your admissions process.
Eton or Winchester College. Played against both of them at hockey and can safely say Eton are more elitist.
sunspoon
Eton or Winchester College. Played against both of them at hockey and can safely say Eton are more elitist.

Haha, I'm not sure that's a particularly good indicator. I've played the likes of Eton at rugby for the last 5 years and they act no differently to boys from St. Pauls, Epsom, Tonbridge, Cranleigh and so on.
Reply 105
hi,

I think the Most elitist secondary school in France is the Lycée Louis-Le-Grand, but it is surely less famous than Eton or Westminster ...
I feel like I've been living in a cave my entire life. I've never heard of any of these schools. Not even Eton which everyone seems to know about.

Maybe its because I live in Wales?

Latest

Trending

Trending