The Student Room Group

Studying abroad USA - Goucher College

Hi! I'm a British student studying Film in London and have just been offered to study abroad at Goucher College in Baltimore. Was just wondering if it has a good reputation or not?
Not sure about good reputation compared to what. It used to be a womens college, with a reputation sort of as a finishing school, where you went to meet someone who had gotten into Johns Hopkins or the Naval Academy. Not sure how your UK school ranks, but it isn't a highly ranked school. That is not say it might not have good instructors and a good environment.
I would recommend staying in the UK

Goucher's tuition alone is over $40,000.

Since you can study in the UK for basically free, for $42,000 to make sense , the school needs to be named Stanford or Harvard
Reply 3
Thank you for your help, my University is ranked middle of the league tables but is fairly high up for my course. As for the tuition fee it wouldn't cost anymore as it does here as its for study abroad. It's a great opportunity as I'd love to eventually work in America, but a difficult one! So I appreciate your help ☺️
If your university is middle rank, Goucher is sort of comparable. I wouldn't worry about how good the school is for semester abroad. The main thing is the experience. Goucher might be an interesting experience.

The school is 3/4 female and used to be all female. H L Mencken gave a talk there in the 1920s called "How to Catch a Husband". It used to be there must have been some kind of training there in saying what you are supposed to say and acting the way you are supposed to act. It probably is less that way now. It is strong in things like film. They have programs in Dance and Historic Restoration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending