The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pugs.notdrugs
My coursework was a B overall, and I needed 37/50 to get an A, so if yours is an A overall then I assume you need about 30-35 probably, so you're about right :smile:

Awesome, thanks. I got like 32 when i didn't revise for the mocks (because it was less important lol) and got A3 or A2, so i guess you're right :smile:
Reply 101
Right guys i hope to release my guide tommorow. I know it sounds funny but i am really bad at descriptive writing so would anybody be willing to give me some help? Pm me if you are willing to help. I honestly think that i would be better off without coursework lol.
Original post by yoloman123
how much did you get? What about your friends did any get a stars

I got a B Unfortunately it was a low B which I wasnt very happy about. I was very thankful but it was surprising because when I did that mock I nearly got an A In the mock. Haha no my friends did not get A* they Got c's but I do know people who did
[QUOTE="ibte10;64146059"]What grade did you get? Is the mark that you mentioned based on total Mark in Coursework and the Exam?[/QUOTE

Umm we didn't do any coursework
Anyone here got any good connectives? I know it sounds stupid but I think I've forgotten how to connect sentences up fluently on Q1!!! I've forgotten how to introduce new points within the same paragraph and stuff like that? help plzzz
Reply 105
[QUOTE="X_Hope_X;64327871"]
Original post by ibte10
What grade did you get? Is the mark that you mentioned based on total Mark in Coursework and the Exam?[/QUOTE

Ok, that's strange.
I've got 47/50 in my coursework and 28/30 in my speaking and listening. I have just completed the 2015 specimen paper and was wondering if anyone would be able to mark it for me? Or advise me on which sections need improvement? Pm me if you can. Thanks
Reply 107
Original post by joshualh
I've got 47/50 in my coursework and 28/30 in my speaking and listening. I have just completed the 2015 specimen paper and was wondering if anyone would be able to mark it for me? Or advise me on which sections need improvement? Pm me if you can. Thanks

Do you have access to the mark Scheme? You can Pm me and I will have a look
[QUOTE="X_Hope_X;64327871"]
Original post by ibte10
What grade did you get? Is the mark that you mentioned based on total Mark in Coursework and the Exam?[/QUOTE

You might be doing a different exam... We are all doing the 0522 First Language English exam. I know some of my friends from other schools didn't do coursework either but they are doing a different exam.
Original post by joshualh

I'll have a look for ya if you send it over :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by caitlinford3
I'll have a look for ya if you send it over :smile:

Do you mind helping me on something?
Original post by ibte10
Do you mind helping me on something?

No of course not just PM me i'm happy to help:h:
Reply 112
Don't know if anyone's answered you get. The speaking and listening exam is issued out of 30. But then the score is multiplied by 83.33333 So the end score is out of 25. I don't know why...
Original post by abjolm
Don't know if anyone's answered you get. The speaking and listening exam is issued out of 30. But then the score is multiplied by 83.33333 So the end score is out of 25. I don't know why...

Yup someone else stated that but they said they multiply it by 5 then divide by 6 to make the mark out of 25. But I checked both of these methods and they both get the same answer haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supreme_
What have your teachers told you about how many points you can write on 3a?

Ive been told that you can write around 25 around the sides but some say you can only write 15

My teachers have told me 15. Because you must include all of these points for your summary to get full marks. So I guess 15 points should be right.
Original post by Supreme_
What have your teachers told you about how many points you can write on 3a?

Ive been told that you can write around 25 around the sides but some say you can only write 15

My teacher said that they're always going to give you over 15 points to write like around 18-19 but only write 15 because you're going to waste your time writing more since you're not awarded extra marks.
Also make sure you write 15 points because you're literally throwing away marks if you write any less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question: Is it okay to quote if writing a newspaper report for Q1?
They tell you to write in your own words but in a newspaper report you would normally add quotes so would you say it is acceptable?
I'm wondering if someone could help me out....
For my 3 course works that I did I got
37/40
37/40
38/40

and for my speaking assessment I got full marks...

What would I need to get in the exam to just get an A?
The exam is worth 40%.... if I get a B- will I still get an A?
:frown: I really want an A :frown:
Original post by no1procas
I'm wondering if someone could help me out....
For my 3 course works that I did I got
37/40
37/40
38/40

and for my speaking assessment I got full marks...

What would I need to get in the exam to just get an A?
The exam is worth 40%.... if I get a B- will I still get an A?
:frown: I really want an A :frown:

Well the coursework is 40%, so you got 37.333/40 for that, speaking is 20%, so both of those together is 57.3333/60. A is 80/100 so you need 23/40, which in the paper is 29/50.
I think that's right but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :smile:
Screenshot_2016-04-24-09-47-14.pngmaximum an A????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending