The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Boosh
did either of you actually like gcses or alevels? i hated school so much!!! it's wierd how life turns out sometimes.

Quite enjoyed GCSEs, worked hard, played hard, generally had a ball. Hated A-levels to extent I nearly quit - parents were called in to see the head at one point.

But now want a career in acedemia!
Reply 21
The Boosh
did either of you actually like gcses or alevels? i hated school so much!!! it's wierd how life turns out sometimes.

I hated secondary school so much that I left when I was 13 and taught myself. It was a marvellous ploy to get me out of doing GCSEs - so woohoo, I dont have any. I tried going to college when I was 15 do to A-levels, sampled loads of different subjects, but found them so dull I pulled out and just taught myself English and Physics A-level in the end. It didn't matter because homeschooled kids don't need the same requirements for university as others. I don't think I ever would have survived mainstream school.
GCSE's were a nonevent for me, they were just another set of exams at my school where you were expected to stay on until you were 18 anyway. I hated A-levels they were boring and restrictive (partly due to still being in a school environment) and I was too busy having fun outside school. I guess I probably should have gone to 6th form college. University was such a refreshing change from that.
ChemistBoy
GCSE's were a nonevent for me, they were just another set of exams at my school where you were expected to stay on until you were 18 anyway. I hated A-levels they were boring and restrictive (partly due to still being in a school environment) and I was too busy having fun outside school. I guess I probably should have gone to 6th form college. University was such a refreshing change from that.

Think ChemistBoy sums it up for me too - should have changed schools after GCSEs

Latest

Trending

Trending