The Student Room Group

If your parents didn't like your bf/gf, would you leave them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
I have two offers to start in 2016 but I'll be declining them and re-applying for 2017 entry, so about a year and a half. :3

Congrats on the offers tho. What did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by Hydeman
Honestly? Both, but there's no help to be had, I don't think. In any case, this one of those things where I don't believe a long-term compromise to be possible, and any break from the present moribundity will have to be on my own initiative. It's either full independence, or I continue to limp on as I am. Such is life and its moral dilemmas, I suppose. :beard:

That is seriously shitty, although I'm sure you're well aware. I suppose these situations can be quite complicated and it's not as easy as just getting out. If you're done with college this year, it might be worth finding a job and renting with some second uni students for the year before going to uni. It'll be cheaper then other types of accommodation i think, although it's easier said then done
Reply 41
Original post by Hydeman
This is perhaps the only time I've ever felt that I'd like to swap lives with you. :moon:

That's a horrible thing to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zargabaath
Congrats on the offers tho. What did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking?

Medicine, although the offers are for alternative subjects from universities that didn't want me for medicine but still thought I might be suited to a less competitive medicine-type course. :3

That is seriously shitty, although I'm sure you're well aware. I suppose these situations can be quite complicated and it's not as easy as just getting out. If you're done with college this year, it might be worth finding a job and renting with some second uni students for the year before going to uni. It'll be cheaper then other types of accommodation i think, although it's easier said then done

I have exams in May and June, and after that I'll grab whatever job I can find. Thanks for your advice and the kind words, Froggy. :h:
Reply 43
Original post by Hydeman
Not everyone has parents that they like. :dontknow:

It's a horrible thing to direct at someone who no longer has parents. No be should be wishing death on anyone bar ISIS leaders, anyway. You sound like a bratty kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
Medicine, although the offers are for alternative subjects from universities that didn't want me for medicine but still thought I might be suited to a less competitive medicine-type course. :3

Dayyym. You're one of them medicine snobs :colonhash:
Jk lol, still it's a good sign that you're getting offers (i think).

Original post by Hydeman
I have exams in May and June, and after that I'll grab whatever job I can find. Thanks for your advice and the kind words, Froggy. :h:

Well good luck for your exams, and good luck with everything afterwards. And if you require more words of wisdom from the frog, feel free to PM me :yep:
Original post by Zargabaath
Ah you planning on moving out for uni then? Assuming you're going?

Idk the creepy threads are usually the most entertaining :laugh:

Thank you,habibi :kiss:
Original post by RobML
No be should be wishing death on anyone bar ISIS leaders, anyway.

Says who? Hydeman has more brain cells in his little finger than you have in every inch of your greasy body.

You sound like a bratty kid.

Better a 'brat' than a 22 year old creeping on teenagers online.
Reply 47
Original post by Years & Months
Says who? Hydeman has more brain cells in his little finger than you have in every inch of your greasy body.

Better a 'brat' than a 22 year old creeping on teenagers online.

Who's dupe are you then? :rolleyes:
For me it is quite important that my family get along with a partner, especially if I see it as a long term thing. So I'd probably break it off if they didn't get on and it was very early on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending