The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Offer

Hi,
I currently have an offer to study IR in 2017 as a deferred candidate. This is just a quick question on entry requirements and some clarification.
I've firmed my offer for IR which is AAA, if in the exam I achieve A*AB would this still work for the offer? Or if I achieved AAB would I enter clearing?
This is just to check if it is worth me re sitting one of my AS units in politics where I got 73 UMS.
I think you would enter clearing if you achieved the AAB, but the uni may still accept you if you contact them on results day to make a clearing application. For my undergraduate I had applied to Sheffield as my firm and Liverpool as insurance on an offer of AAB for one and ABB for the other, I underperformed in my exams and got BBC so entered clearing and got into Kent who generally offer ABB. I went on to get a high 2:1 and a first in my dissertation, now going to study a masters at SOAS. These things happen and in clearing a lot is open to the universities' discretion. Try not to worry and if you do end up in clearing, try not to panic as I did. I still regret my results but if you keep a cool head you can find a good place and do well in spite of it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending